OT prayer dh passed out

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

OT prayer dh passed out

Post by water2wine » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:12 am

Well here I am again asking for prayer. Mh dh passed out at work yesterday apparently. I am just hearing about it now because apparently he did not want to worry me. He went to the doctor and they said they are looking at hypoglycemia or Marfan's. The first is very easy to handle and the second apparently is fatal and not so easy to handle. He does have some symptoms (odd symptoms like a collapsed lung for no reason) and the did an EKG and the doctor said that sounded like Marfan's was a possibility. I hate that they tell you things like this because of course that is fatal and he would have lived longer already than the average life expectancy from what I have quickly read today. However I just walked down this path where they suppose horrible things because it looks like it and they are in fact wrong. At any rate I would very much appreciate prayer. Please specifically pray for clear diagnosis that comes quickly. They did test his blood sugar while he was there today because he had not eaten. I really believe it is hypoglycemia but it is I guess one of those things that also can be hard to completely decisively diagnose as well from what I am reading.

I really appreciate your prayers.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Candice

Re: OT prayer dh passed out

Post by Candice » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:04 am

water2wine,

Of course I will be praying for you. I know that torment while you are waiting for a diagnosis, and the thoughts that run through your mind wondering what if...

I actually went through the experience of seeing my husband pass out in our bathroom when he was sick. He ended up at the hospital after the paramedics determined that he was not well enough to go back to bed. I was terrified during all of this and wondered what was going on with his body, why did he pass out? They did many tests and thank God, the final outcome was simply that he was extremely dehydrated.
I had already convinced myself that something was terribly wrong and he would not be well. My neighbor's came to my house that night and sat on the sofa with me and prayed for my husband while he was in the hospital. That was a wonderful comfort to me. Little did I know that at the time we were simply dealing with severe dehydration due to illness. My husband wasn't drinking enough fluids, that's it!
We have learned not to take our bodies for granted and we are now more in tune with it's needs, care and nourishment.
Of course, I cannot determine whether or not it is hypoglycemia that your husband is dealing with, I can only share with you what we went through at the time.
But more importantly than my experience is letting you know that I (and others here) will pray for you all through this. I pray that you will take comfort in Him and know that He is directing all of this, there is purpose in this trial. I pray that the Doctors will quickly and accurately determine what is happening with your husband. I pray that despite your fears and anxious heart, that you will be reminded to keep your focus on Him and know that He has His hand and heart in all of this.

Please let us know how it is going and we will hold you and your family in our prayers.

Candice :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:09 am

water2wine wrote: Please specifically pray for clear diagnosis that comes quickly. They did test his blood sugar while he was there today because he had not eaten. I really believe it is hypoglycemia but it is I guess one of those things that also can be hard to completely decisively diagnose as well from what I am reading. I really appreciate your prayers.
Brenda - I am lifting you and your dh up in prayer. I am praying specifically for a quick and clear diagnosis for him, and for strength for you. Jesus is walking with you on this one - He is not surprised by this, He knows what you need most, and He will provide for those needs because He loves you so very much. Praying...

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

butterfly113

Post by butterfly113 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 am

WOW! Brenda, I "ditto" the other ladies! The Lord is with you and your husband, HE is the GREAT PHYSICAN! i am praying for specific clarity of the diagnosis, and quickly! The Lord will NOT leave you, he will NOT forsake you!
We love ya!
Keep us posted as you can!
Butterfly
Married to Grasshopper for 21 wonderful years.
DS14 Caterpillar - full of life!
http://joshuatreeacademy.blogspot.com

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Oh Brenda, My heart just literally fell out of chest. I was reading quickly and thought you said he passed away. PTL, I just read it wrong. Oh My! That must be scary to hear that he passed out. I pray they find a diagnosis very quickly my friend. (((Big Hugs)))

Do not be afraid for you are DEEPLY loved by God, be at peace, take heart and be strong! Daniel 3:? My brain will not retrieve the complete address, but it's the verse the Lord brought to mind :wink: Please let us know how he's doing. YOU ARE LOVED!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

mom2fiveboysnc

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:31 pm

WTW, I am praying for you and your dh that a diagnosis is made quickly so that any needed treatment is began in a timely manner. In the ED I work in we see many cases of syncope (mostly male) and run the usual tests, CT, EKG, blood work and UA. Most of the time the problem is dehydration or hypoglycemia. I looked up Marfan's and it looks as if managed properly, the life span can run to the 80's. If I'm not mistaken, President Lincoln was believed to have had Marfans, diagnosed after death. I know that no matter what your dh's diagnosis will be, God is holding your family in His hands, sheltering you with His love. Please keep us updated.
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Brenda, you are in my prayers. I will be praying that you get the correct diagnosis and treatment and of course for healing.
Keep us posted.

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:56 pm

I will be praying for your family and for the doctors to make a quick and accurate diagnosis.
Blessings!
Wife to Jesse,
Mom to Michelle, Dawn, Rose, Marie
DD14 Rev to Rev, MTMM in the Fall
Enjoyed Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, and World Geo.

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 pm

I am praying for your husband that they will find a quick resolve to this and that God will lead the doctor's to a sure diagnosis and effective treatment. I am praying for you that God will instill in you a peace that passes all understanding. We dont' have to have the answers, but He does. Let us know how your husband is doing...
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Thank you ladies. We went to the ophthalmologist today to look to see if he had one of the signs which is a detached retina. I have learned to be very proactive in these kinds of things. He was fine there so that is good and we got our whole HOD day done in the waiting room while we waited. Along the way I really felt a strong sense of peace that there is just some information that we need to get about my dh's health but that it will all be OK, just like I needed information about my health but it turned out not to be anything life threatening. I really feel that it will be the same for dh. He has to go see a neurologist and a cardiologist as well, we'll see what they have to say. But I do feel peace. I appreciate your prayers and kind words. I know whatever happens we will be OK because He goes with us. :D And thank you so much for your prayers. I know they are what brought us to peace.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Kristen

Post by Kristen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm praying for you and your family as well. I'm glad you are feeling peace and are able to check off some things that are NOT going on.
I have hypoglycemia and I can tell you it can make you feel pretty horrible, especially if you don't know you have it. You can feel all sorts of other symptoms so you feel like you are falling apart. :o
They will usually do a fasting glucose test, the same one for diabetes, to see if someone is hypoglycemic. First thing in the morning, you go and have your blood tested, drink the sugar syrup, and have it tested again at one hr., two hrs., and three hrs. out. People who are hypoglycemic will show their blood sugar levels have gone extremely low by the third hour and they will be very lightheaded. They have to have something to eat right there after the test or else they can pass out.
That's why it's important to eat smaller, more frequent meals always with some kind of protein. No sugar at all. Easy to say, harder to do. :?
I'll try not to get into too much detail now, but does your husband get "cranky" or "lightheaded" when he hasn't eaten in a while? Does he seem depressed or moody sometimes? Especially in the morning before he eats? Does he need to eat very soon after waking? Does he crave sugar?
If you want, you can email me privately to talk more about it or if people here are interested we can just go with it. Hope that helps!
Yes, "We know that God will work everything together for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose."
Kristen
ds17 - mostly textbooks, community college, and lots of hands-on projects
ds15 - an eclectic mix, sports, Scouts
ds9 - BHFHG, loves LEGOs

dd7 - LHFHG, loves taking care of her dolls, arts & crafts

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:16 pm

W2W,
I am praying for you and your husband.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and couragous; do not fear nor be dismayed for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:20 pm

water2wine wrote:t I do feel peace. I know whatever happens we will be OK because He goes with us. :D
Amen my friend! (((Big Brenda Hugs)))
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:30 pm

water2wine,

I am praying for you & your husband and children too!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm praying for you, too, Brenda! How scary that must have been, but I'm so glad to hear how the Lord is upholding you. I'm praying that you'll be able to get some answers, and that you'll be able to experience His all-sufficient grace.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH