English History -suitable book????

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
spidermansmum

English History -suitable book????

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 am

Hi I was wondering how I could help my 6 year old learn about our heritage.I love HOD and have studied american history myslef and I am looking forward to teaching my son with the HOD lhfhg .I was just hoping we could find a suitable book of stories that we could add to the mix-maybe just for weekends or bedtimes ...I have Our Island History -which is an excellent book but Im forever editing it because it is a little more violent than I am happy to share with my very literal 6 year old.Could anyone recommend a book of stories about English History?
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: English History -suitable book????

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Our Island Story would be my recommendation too, however I'd do it more around 3rd or 4th grade due to the content. My oldest son read it then and really enjoyed it. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:22 am

Thanks Carrie.I think we will leave our Island History for now.I need to remember i dont need to teach him everything THIS year.I have many years to get his education done 8) .
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:49 am

I want to add this book in to our studies in a year or so too. I have been looking at it, but can surely tell it is a bit above our heads right now.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!