Would it be too much to do separate copywork?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Would it be too much to do separate copywork?

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:22 am

In addition to HOD? I really love Queen's "Manner's for boys" book?

What do you think?
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

paliz

Post by paliz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:53 am

You could just review the poems that are used for copy work and then just do the copy work in the other book.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:12 am

That sounded like an awesome answer to me! We do the proverbs and Bible verses as our copy work and will do the poems sometimes. In fact we are plugging it into our handwriting program and having it help with that as well.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Mary, I would think you could just use the poems in HOD for poetry study and use your manners book for copywork. I'm so glad you mentioned this....I am really enjoying the Language Lessons series and I have wondered about their others books. I really struggle with trying to fit in all the good stuff that I just love :? ...I have got to get my language arts stuff pinned down and stop looking at other stuff!!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:06 pm

Mary,

I think as long as you are doing some sort of copywork, you'll be fine. Copywork is such a good training tool for later writing! :D If you have something you love for copywork, definitely put it in. Then, you always have the poetry copywork as a back-up!

Blessings,
Carrie