Speaking of the manual and making it easy to use...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

Speaking of the manual and making it easy to use...

Post by water2wine » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:12 pm

I had a major duh moment today. I had the pages in the appendix marked with clips to find it. We today I got a bright idea that maybe all of you do but since I did not get it on my own for a while... I found those little adhesive label tabs work great! Mine are made by post it. Made it so much easier to use since I need practically every section in the appendix all the time it seems with one kid or another. I am thinking others have already figured this out but just in case :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

paliz

Post by paliz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:17 pm

That's a great idea. I'm always looking for something in the Appendix and never finding it easily.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:28 pm

That's what I do too, water2wine! I just label the top of the sticky note with the subsection, like "Dictation" etc., and move it as needed throughout the year. My son actually just uses them now. In fact, another neat thing he does for copying a paragraph for notebooking is put a sticky note right above the paragraph to be copied and one right below it too, to "mark off" the paragraph as he copies. I've noticed he does this when looking up vocab. words in the dictionary and when copying Bible verses from his Bible too. It helps him not be searching for the same thing twice. Gotta love those sticky notes!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:41 pm

I use those little sticky tabs too! :D I use them with all of our school books so I can easily find my spot. I'm glad you discovered them.
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:43 pm

I do that same thing! I like to use different colors to mark different sections....of course I'm also a certified office supplies junkie! :wink:

My kids like to use them to, I'm trying to pass on my obsession! :D
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

netpea

me too.

Post by netpea » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:44 pm

I do it too, but I use Postit notes because I don't have the little flags.

annaz

Post by annaz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Absolutely! I am a Post-It Label Junkie!!!! Love them!

Annaz :wink:

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 pm

I knew you all were quicker than me. :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:29 pm

no we all arn't i just have a book mark (a used 3x5 card) with the word Poetry on it. and one with dictation written on it. stuck in where I left off. no fancy stick notes here.. but heaven help me if i drop the book and they fall out!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:45 pm

I just cut up an index card and made labels for each section, and taped them on-too lazy to go to the store, and dying to start working on Bigger at the time :wink:
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12