WOW Just took a look at the book store!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

WOW Just took a look at the book store!

Post by water2wine » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:04 am

Hearts for Him Through Time: Creation to Christ is looking beyond awesome! I can't wait to do this program. So much great stuff in it I could not believe it. I know the Teachers Manual is going to be great too. I can't wait to see how all these resources are put together! What a great looking program! The resources blow away anything else I have seen. Great job! We can't wait to use it! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

eazbnsmom

Re: WOW Just took a look at the book store!

Post by eazbnsmom » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:19 am

Yep! Doesn't it look great! :0)
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:26 pm

I totally agree! It looks amazing! Now I only have to wait about 5 years so I can use it :D
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Oh! I'm so excited that you're all excited! :D We spent forever choosing resources, and at times I thought it would never come together resource-wise. However, the Lord kept working within our screening process and even when I thought I was done, He'd show us something else. We are very much at peace with the final decisions and are thrilled they are VERY close to going up on the actual website. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:29 pm

Everything looks so great!!! I can't wait to get to use everything! I think it is going to be such a blessing!

I am so glad to hear that you are VERY CLOSE to getting it up on the website!

I keep checking several times a day! :mrgreen:
Wife to Jesse,
Mom to Michelle, Dawn, Rose, Marie
DD14 Rev to Rev, MTMM in the Fall
Enjoyed Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, and World Geo.

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm

I peeked a few days ago myself and thought the books look WONDERFUL! It just tickles me to see new books. I am such a goof. :lol: Carrie, I can tell a lot of time and energy went into each selection and you are so humble about all the work you do to make it come together. Bless you!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 pm

I peeked and it felt like I was sneakin' a look at Christmas gifts under the tree like I did when I was an little kid. The selections are beyond amazing! That wonderful feeling of what was to come made me want to do cart-wheels! :D

I can hardly wait to get to the time when I can share all of the wonderful literature with my two girls. I feel so blessed to have found HOD at such an early stage, thank you Carrie for sharing your gift, God has truly blessed you!

Candice :D

MainelyJen

Post by MainelyJen » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:24 am

water2wine, this is what lead us to ordering Preparing a week ago! I was showing my Samuel the "Hearts for Him" books at the online store. We were both excited. I couldn't help but notice that I already own a good chunk of these resources in our home library. I'm very pleased with the booklist!

That made him want to look at Preparing. After looking it over with me, he turned to me and said, "Um, mom. . .I don't suppose there's anyway we could do Preparing right now and then do that new one after? Because I really think I'd like it." For me, this was huge. My son will basically work his way through anything you throw at him. I've tried soliciting his opinion on various programs in the past, only to be met with the "doe in the headlights" expression. To have him ask to do a particular program has never happened before. . . And that's how another HODie family was created!
~ Jennifer
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/JennyMaine

Catherine, 14, Where Brook and River Meet
Samuel, 12, Preparing Hearts

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Oh, Jen! That just makes my heart glad. :D My boys are very much like the way you described your son, so I can imagine how excited you were for him to have an opinion on it. :D

Thanks for sharing! We pray you'll enjoy Preparing as much as we are this year. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Ladies,

Thanks for all of the warm words of encouragement. Your opinion matters to me much more than most, as I know we are all pulling together to find the best way to glorify our heavenly Father in our day-to-day life while training our kiddos up in the Lord. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Looking at it sort of makes me wish we didn't have 5 or so more years before we get there! Although I'm absolutely LOVING everything that we are using so far!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Jennifer Isn't it great when they are as excited to use the next year as we are. My kids would all be very unhappy if we used anything but HOD. There is nothing else like it out there. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:41 am

Please forgive me for asking-- I have the flu and am really foggy brained right now-- but when I look at the store, it says "learn More" but doesn't do anything when you click on it??

I know, I know, I shouldn't type when on flu medicine, LOL But I wanna learn more! LOL

Edited to add: You wanna know how BAD I am???? I havent even collected all the books for Preparing yet (starting during summer, trying to buy used as much as possible), and when I saw the CTC teacher's manual, I started searching for those books too. It's a sickness, alright! LOL

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 am

Oh wow!!!!! I just took a peak too! It looks amazing! I can't wait to dig into it, down the road. Our kids are so blessed to have the such a wonderful learning experience! And, I feel blessed to have such an amazing resource! Thank you Carrie! :D :D

LeAnna
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:43 am

joyfulheart wrote:Please forgive me for asking-- I have the flu and am really foggy brained right now-- but when I look at the store, it says "learn More" but doesn't do anything when you click on it??
Here you go. http://www.heartofdakota.com/store/ Scroll down and you will see books by program. You will find the books in the new program following the guide. You'll see a picture of what looks like a nice library room on it. Maybe Julie's or Carrie's house I am guessing in the picture? Anyway it looks comfy in the picture then after that are all the books. :D