First Day Success!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Callia

First Day Success!!!

Post by Callia » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:52 pm

:D We did it! We had an amazing first day using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory." What a lovely curriculum.

I asked my daughter what her favorite things were and she said, "EVERYTHING!" When I really pinned her down she said she liked science and cursive the best (We chose Cheerful Cursive as our method. She loves the characters. We went a little beyond day one because she was so excited to actually write something!).

I loved the Bible section! My daughter and I feel like we almost have the Bible verses memorized and we didn't really TRY to memorize them. The methods used are fun and painless.

Everything was great today. I know that no one curriculum is the answer for everyone. But I believe that we have found what works for our family. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you, Carrie! :)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:00 pm

Hooray, Callia! I'm so happy for you! We're in week 18 of Bigger..., and I have to tell you, we're still having fun!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:20 pm

I'm so glad that your first day went well! Over on the Beyond... Board I laughlingly told hyppiechick that I usually have a great third day, rather than a great 1st day! :lol:

It's wonderful to hear that our kids enjoyed the school day, isn't it. It makes it feel like together time well-spent. We'll be hoping the rest of your week goes well too.

Blessings,
Carrie

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm sooo glad you are having Fun! MY dd loves her science note book. We did unit 6 T-cell thing today. It was and still is hysterical shes got an extra T-cell and she is running around yelling "Warning Warning Virus Virus!!!"
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:01 pm

Yay!!! Just wanted to share in your success and happiness!

Candice

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:35 pm

I enjoy post like this one so much! We have quite awhile before we get to Bigger, but all these posts about how much fun you guys are having lets me know we are on the right path. :D
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:57 pm

Yeah! Isn't it just like that. You just know it is right. I feel the same way. Today we got such a late start and it was still great!

So happy for you that you are loving it! 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)