Question about books for Preparing...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Vicki

Question about books for Preparing...

Post by Vicki » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:11 pm

I am gathering the books I have on hand for Preparing to see what I'll need when the time comes. I already have on hand a book called The Story of Louis Pasteur ( a Signature Book), and also the complete set of Young People's Story of our Heritage, which states in the front cover that it was originally published as A Child's History of the World by Hillyer with new material by Edward Huey. Can I use these books with the Preparing program? I want to make use of the books I already have on hand if they can be used.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Question about books for Preparing...

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Vicki,

The Pasteur book used in Preparing is by John Hudson Tiner, so if yours is by a diferent author it won't be the same. Here's a link to the description on our website: http://www.heartofdakota.com/preparing- ... .php#paris

As far as the Hillyer books edited and revised by Huey, I believe those also include the Child's Story of Art, The Child's Story of Geography, and have the Child's Story of the World with some additions? You would only need the Child's Story of of the World, but you will most likely be missing the end chapters which Calvert School added to this last edition. Also, the page numbers will be different making it interesting to match up. Here's a link to our description on our website of that book:
http://www.heartofdakota.com/preparing- ... hild-world

There are multiple, multiple editions of A Child's History of the World out there, so I can't be sure which one you have.

Blessings,
Carrie

Vicki

Re: Question about books for Preparing...

Post by Vicki » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks, Carrie! I am just trying to see what I already have, and what I will need when the time comes. I will have to get a table of contents for the CHOW to see how it lines up with what I have on hand.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!