BEYOND happy

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Patience

BEYOND happy

Post by Patience » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:39 pm

I have written three praise reports on this curriculum and keep deleting it thinking I can't really put it into words how thrilled I am just three days into my switch to this curriculum. So whether it comes out great or not, whether it appears premature or not...here it goes! ... I wake up looking forward to the day, my brain doesn't feel tired at the end of it, my kids are enjoying things, I love the layout of the pages, I enjoy doing the activities, I love the emphasis on reading and all the motivation to keep reading good books with Beyond and Dithor, and the real clincher for me...I am actually spending time WITH my children while we are doing school. In the past, I often felt like I was more or less "administering" school TO them. Talking AT them, but not quite WITH them. :idea: But now I truly feel like I get to enjoy it as we go too, since I have to do so little to execute it all, and it is engaging, so I don't have to work at keeping them engaged. (Of course, realistically, I still have to help them stay engaged with their math and spelling :D I'm having simple, but memorable moments with my kids. And then there is the feeling that there is time to breathe in between school, life, and the children's needs. I got my laundry done, called a friend, talked to my daughter and read a book to my son, played with my 2 year old, made dinner - all without feeling overwhelmed. Do I sound like an advertisement yet? What a gift HOD is to me and my family. And you ladies and Carrie have all been just so gracious and fabulous too. This is a wonderful "community" here. As Peter, from the Railway Children would say, "HOD is just ripping!" God is too kind to me! :D :D :D
Wife of 10 wonderful years
Mom to three
9 yo girl and 7 yo boy doing BIGGER
3yo girl listening in to all our reading

scrapsmith

Re: BEYOND happy

Post by scrapsmith » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Patience, So glad you are thrilled with this curriculum!! It has been a Godsend to many of us in the homeschooling world!! We love all of the same things you do!! I don't think you are premature at all...we are into our 2nd set of guides and loving it still!!! As I read posts from different ladies it makes me so excited for the next guide!! Enjoy your time withyour children!! After all, isn't that one of the big reasons why we do this??!! Blessings!!
Eryn,wife to Jeff since 1998
Mommy to Micah, 7yo, BLHFHG
Addie Mae 5yo, LHTH, and
Canaan 2yo, right in the middle of it all!!
"Teach us to number our days...Ps 90:12"

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 pm

Patience - I agree with you totally! And, like Eryn, I'm quite sure that you're going to feel the same way after many months with HOD! :D

Happy teaching!
:D Kathleen

PS...Julie, did you nab this testimony for your book? It's a great one! :wink:
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

babybryte

Post by babybryte » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Patience, I agree! Beyond is great! I have started using it again this week after being tempted by another curriculum that is a lot of WORK! LOL! This week has felt like a breath of fresh air! I am anxious to get to Bigger and Preparing! LOL!! :D
Blessings,
Jacquelyn

William (11) and Caroline (9), both doing Preparing, DITHOR, MUS, R&S English, Sequential Spelling, and workboxes!
Samuel, born on Sept 3, 2010 - eating, sleeping, pooping, and loving life!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:32 am

Patience wrote: "HOD is just ripping!"
I agree! :D So glad you are loving it. Doesn't it just make life easier to actually enjoy your school time. We just had the neighbor girl over to see what HOD was like. They use more traditional textbook style. It was fun to share with her what our day is like. HOD is not like regular school. It is simple to do, easy to learn and just plain old fun. Glad you are enjoying it!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

abtowell

Post by abtowell » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:44 pm

I feel that way too. I just love HOD like nothing else before. You said when you said you are with them and not doing it to them. That is such a perfect description. I am only jealous I can't put all my little ones in right now. I am still saving to buy for everyone although DH agreed to buy me DITHOR up front and it's on it's way so I hope to at least share that with my big 3.
Mom to 7
dd 1-3-98 BHFHG ext, R&S 6 , Key to Math( done), NOEO Physics 2, WW6
ds 7-2-99 BHFHG sort of, GWG 4, WW3, Complete book of Math
ds 2-13-00 BHFHG, GWG 4, WW4, MMM 5
dd 5-28-01 ND therapy
ds 4-9-04 LHFHG
ds 2-23-06
ds 5-11-08

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Patience,

I'm so glad to hear that Beyond is going well for you! :D It is our constant prayer that our curriculum glorify our Father in heaven, first and foremost, and secondly that it may be a blessing to other families. So, your post is an answer to prayer for us. We praise our Lord with you today and rejoice that your school day is being revitalized. Thanks for taking time to share your joy! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

happymommy

Post by happymommy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:58 pm

We just finished our 4th week with Beyond. We are brand new to homeschool and i feel so fortunate to have found such an awesome curriculum on the first try! Thank you Lord for allowing Carrie to provide us with this experience! Homeschool has been so much FUN :D
Jesus bless,
Bridget

Married to the love of my life!
Mama to one awesome son - 8
Mama to one fantastic daughter - 6
We are loving Beyond!!!

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Wow, what a great run down of how things are going. I feel the same way!!! Actually your message is great timing for me to read. I live in Australia, and we about to start school over here after a 2 month summer break. My husband is a teacher too, so he has been around all summer. I am starting to get the "oh no, we have to go back to "work" " Reading this has made me remember that 'work' is going to be be fun and interactive nd meaningful!!

Thanks
Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!