Girls, big prayer request..., my son had a seizure

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Girls, big prayer request..., my son had a seizure

Post by MamaMary » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Not too long after I posted on here we were sitting around as a family watching a movie and my 8 year old son because to seize. He has NEVER had any seizures. (nor has anyone in our family) It was incredibly scary with paramedics, fire engines, ambulances all in my front yard. We just got home from All Children's. The good news is the CT scan came back clear, as did all blood work. The bad news is we don't know what caused it. I have to contact a neurologist tomorrow and schedule an EEG with the hospital. I am also taking him to see a kinesiologist (holistic doctor, who happens to be a fellow homeschooler, believer and friend) next Saturday when he comes into town. My prayer is that the Lord would tell us exactly what to do.

I have to tell you that the Holy Spirit overwhelmed me during the seizure. I felt this immediate take over, stay calm feeling within my spirit. Even though it's been years since I worked as a nurse, I went right into that mode. I held him in my arms telling him he was going to be fine. I prayed out loud over him as my husband called 911. I cannot tell you what a MIRACLE that was because there was this panicked mama side too. However,now I feel as though I am going to fall apart. My prayer is that we never have to go through that again and if at all possible to let this be resolved without any meds. But I am willing to let the Lord lead us differently.

I can't close without telling you about a God moment. The head paramedic, (who was about my age) was making small talk with Seth and I. I honestly don't even know what we were talking about but I must have said, thank the Lord, or praise the Lord. The man looked across the gurney and asked me if I went to church. I said yes, I'm a believer how about you. He said, "Have you pronounced Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and has your son"? I stared over at him with a HUGE smile on my face and knew that the Lord had not taken His eye from the sparrow. He was there! He is here now. I am just at war with my flesh not to feel panicked and worried.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Vicki

Re: Girls, big prayer request..., my son had a seizure

Post by Vicki » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Just reading this now...thinking of you and your family and praying for you. How amazing how the Lord puts people in our paths (the paramedic) to help us.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

thehergatts

Post by thehergatts » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:58 pm

I will be praying for your son (and for your mama's heart!). Be proud of yourself! You were able to pray in the midst of a very stressful time. You didn't fall apart!

Keep us posted on how your son is doing!!

Kristy
Kristy
- wife to Dan
- mom to Sammy age 9 & Ian age 7

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Christopher Robin

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Mary,

I'm praying for you and your 8 yo that God would make his provision for your son's health clear to you. I'm so thankful, as I'm sure you are, that we serve a sovereign God!! In fact, I'm pretty sure it's you that has reminded me several times that NOTHING surprises our God!

Love,
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Oh Mary I am just seeing this! My sweet lady I am so sorry. I will cover your son in prayers. I am so glad to hear that you felt a sense of The Spirit coming over you. I pray that you continue that same calmness. I pray for your son's health and that he has healing of needed, that the doctors have discernment and find out what is causing this and that he receives the best medical help and the healing hand of Jesus! Mary, I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in prayer. Please keep us updated.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Mary! ((((HUGS))))
I am praying for you & your sweet boy.

Bless you my friend,
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:00 am

Mary,
I'm glad you were able to stay calm for your son. I pray that you will find some answers.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:35 am

Mary, I will be lifting you and your family up in prayer!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:40 am

praying for you and your family.
Dorla

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 am

Mary,

Many, many prayers for your son and your family. Please, if you can, let us know how things are going.

Candice

dale1088

Post by dale1088 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:32 am

Mary, May you continue to feel God's comfort and grace. I will be praying for your precious boy.
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:55 am

Mary, how scary! There is nothing like watching while your children are sick or struggling and not being able to "fix" whatever the problem is to rip your mommy heart inside out. But how awesome of our LORD to fill you with the "peace that surpasses all understanding"! I will be praying for him, for you & your family, along with praying for wisdom and guidance for the doctors and homeopath. I love that He showed you that He was there with you through a fellow believer paramedic!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:00 am

Mary, what a scary moment!! I am so glad that the Holy Spirit filled you in the moment you needed him most. God truly is our comfort and peace in dire times. Please keep us updated on your son and what you find out. I'll be praying for your family.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Mary,

Praying for your son today and for you! Please check in today to let us know how he is doing and if you have found out anything. I was just reading that autism is associated with seizures for teenagers. Don't know if that is a connection or not but I know sometimes ADD gets misdiagnosed and it can be that. Anyway I am praying hard for you my friend!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:20 pm

I am so sad to hear of such a scary experience for you and your family! Know you are being prayed for. I can so understand your worries in the midst of it...we literally JUST went through this with our ds2 a few days ago. He had a high fall around noon one day and then that night he went into a seizure and didn't come out of it after he stopped jerking...like he was a limp noodle. When he woke up he was so confused, "off" and couldn't talk (and he is a very big talker!) and barely moved. He kept going in and out of a "half-conscience" ... So, I know its so scary and feel badly anyone else has to deal with the same thing! We were fortunate to find there was no head injury and it was all caused by a huge and sudden fever. Fine at 8pm then 104 at 8:45. They said even a lower fever can cause seizures if it rises too fast. DS2 has no signs of illness to cause the fever...could your ds have had a fever and you not have known? The doc said it happens since kids are so tough. Sometimes we just can't tell it's there. Praying it's something simple and temporary and better yet, absolutely isolated never to return again!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling