Handwriting question...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Vicki

Handwriting question...

Post by Vicki » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:24 am

I have never really used a "program" for my dgs, but instead have used some cheap workbooks from Walmart for handwriting. I have been looking at the Italic book C, and it looks nice to try. I'd like to start moving in that direction, but I'm wondering if we would switch to cursive after Italic, or does the Italic just progress further?

Is Italic enough?
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 am

Vicki,

If you use Italic handwriting for printing, when you get to cursive there is also italic cursive. We do carry that as well as an option in our "Bigger Hearts.." program.

Some moms really like it as an alternative to regular printing. It is supposed to make an easier transition to cursive.

We have not personally used it with our kiddos, as we have used "A Reason for Writing" and then "Cheerful Cursive" which we also carry in our programs.

Maybe some other moms will chime in here who have used Italic handwriting.

Blessings,
Carrie