OT : blessings

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
netpea

OT : blessings

Post by netpea » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:48 pm

This is off-topic but I just needed to share. I am thanking God for his blessings today. This morning (thurs) we were on our way to bible study. I was going too fast for the conditions. I didn't realize the road was icy. We spun out of control and hit at least 2 trees.

A wonderful man (my father's age) appeared at my door, got me and my 2 kids out of the car and took us in his house where he provided coffee and juice and asked the kids questions to see if they were coherent.

He gave a ride home and kept my husband company while waiting for the tow truck. The kids and I spent the day at the urgent care facility. We are FINE, bumps and bruises and minor head injuries but FINE! PRAISE GOD!

Now I just hope I'm not in trouble with the police. I didn't know that you have to call the police even if you are the only car in the accident. I also didn't know it was wrong to go home. They read my husband the riot act that I took the kids home. So if you are in an accident, I guess you call 911 no matter what. I thought that was only if you needed an ambulance or there were multiple cars....

Well whatever comes is OK. My angels are fine. I thank God for providing Jack to come to our aid. I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't taken care of us.

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:30 am

Priase God that you and your kiddos are okay! How scary.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:19 am

Praise the LORD! He is so faithful to look out for us. My heart was blessed as you shared how the Lord provided for your family. I am so glad you are ok! (((Warm Tender/careful embrace so not to hurt your owies)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:51 am

Thanking God that you and your precious children are OK.

Also praying that there will be not problem with the police. I didn't know that would be a problem, although the insurance company will probably want a report from the police. Praying that all goes well for you in this matter.

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:12 am

Thank the Lord that you and your dc are okay! What a scary experience too!

I'm so glad to know that He provided someone there during your time of need. I understand not thinking to call any authorities, as your first concern was the safety of your family. I hope everything goes okay with the insurance company, and that ya'll are feeling a bit better today.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 am

Ditto what everyone else said! I'm so sorry this happened....I'm sure the police will be able to tell what kind of person you are (we can just from chatting with you here) and know that it was just an innocent act of not knowing. I 'm so thankful that there were no serious injuries and that you had such an nice man to help you. Some people would be cursing that something like that happened to them....but you are praising God that it wasn't worse!!

Hope you have a restful day today....Melanie
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:18 am

Lee Ann,

I'm so glad that you and your loved ones are alright. It's times like these that we can feel God's arms around us taking care of us, isn't it?

What a wonderful expression of your faith to be praising God after an accident! Your children will have learned so much about how to face a tough situation with faith from watching you.

We'll pray that you'll all rest and recover quickly.

Blessings,
Carrie

annaz

Post by annaz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:30 am

I am in awe of the man who helped you! What a wonderful person!!!

I know nothing about accidents that don't involve other cars, especially if you're in a country setting...I don't know if you are or not, but maybe they want you to pay for the trees!..LOL! Sorry, not to make light of the situation, but that does happen you know.

Glad you're all well.
Annaz

Candice

Post by Candice » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:25 am

Lee Ann,

Thank God everyone is fine! I know that your story has reminded me to slow down and take extra care when driving.
Keep us posted on how you and your family are doing.

Candice

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Lee Ann!
I'm so glad you are safe and sound. And who knew you had to call 911 if you are all alone in an accident! Who here can say they are never befuddled after a traumatic experiance. Maybe the police wanted to make suer your kiddos were buckled up properly?

Sent up some prayers for you and yours.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

netpea

Thanks for all your warm words and prayers.

Post by netpea » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks for all your warm words and prayers. My son has a great big goose egg on his forehead and will end up with black eyes as the blood drains from the goose egg. My daughter has a bruised neck from the seat belt but they act like nothing happened today. Children are so resilient.

Me on the other hand... I am stiff and sore. My headach is still there but the confusion is clearing up.

The car is totaled but it was a 15 year old station wagon and only worth about $1500. Not that big a deal, we have an identical one to replace it. (we bought 2 in case something like this ever happened) We didn't have collision insurance just liability and since we didn't damage anyone or anything else, we don't have to deal with insurance.

Apparently Michigan law says if there is over $400 worth of damage to any car including your own you must call the police. They haven't called me yet so I still don't know if I am in trouble.

The wonderful women in my Mom's Club are bringing us dinner for the next few nights. I am still amazed at how many details God provided for to take care of us.

I have learned that even though my 7yo CAN buckle himself, I need to check his belt to make sure he took out the slack and its not twisted. I don't know if that had anything to do with him hitting his head or not but I'm sorry I didn't take the extra minute to check it myself.

Thanks again and God bless you all.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:51 pm

I just came in on the tail end of this, but my prayers are with you! Sometimes God provides "angels" like Jack at the most opportune moments. I am so glad you and your children are all right! Thank you for sharing, and I'll drive a little slower now, especially on our icy roads this winter. Perhaps that is another reason the Lord led you to share this here on the HOD board - who knows how many of us moms you've just given a necessary reminder to, to remember we're carrying such precious cargo when we drive. Thanks, LeeAnn!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Wow! I am so glad God protected you but sorry for the injury and how hard this must have been. I have your family in my prayers. Rest well.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm a little late, but just wanted to add a gentle hug and well wishes to you! Praise God you're all ok!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

netpea

picture

Post by netpea » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:41 pm

I managed to take one picture of the car before my husband got it off the tow truck and covered it up with a tarp. It doesn't do it justice because its a side view but I wasnt' up to going out and taking more. (I took this one right outside the kitchen door)

As you can see though, the passenger area is intact. Only the rear portion behind the passenger area got destroyed. God was definitely with us that day.

Praising Him.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/netpea/