Math U See vs Singapore

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
trustinghim

Re: Math U See vs Singapore

Post by trustinghim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi everyone

This is a great thread!!

I must admit, I am with Jennifer when it comes to math, I was terrible at it at school, and being bad at math kind of made me feel "dumb" with every subject. I think it is so hard to overcome a "math phobia"!! I have been so encouraged to read this thread. I love the thought of trusting God to guide me and show me the way (that these are His children we are raising/teaching). It is funny that were we are the least confident, we have to rely on Him more (Sort of makes me want to be lacking in confidence in every area, to more fully rely on Him, well actually I think I do lack confidence in most areas :oops: ) I have found already how God has provided the answers in our homeschooling. Isn't He an amazing, mighty God...I love how he cares so much for the all our cares, whether big or little :D

Back on the topic of math, well I don't really have much to say (I think I often do this on this message board !!) But my one small little bit of input, was to say that even though I am pretty bad (well very bad really) at math, my husband is really good. So when I get a bit scared or overwhelmed I always remember that he is there to help me. My children are a bit young for me to get completely over my head with the math concepts, but when I find my self worrying about the future, I remind myself that I am not alone, that my husband can give me a hand, or maybe even teach math to the kids.

Anyway, doesn't really answer the MUS v's Singapore question :shock: ...but I do love having a bit of a "chat" with everyone!!!!

Have a great day

Love Deb :D
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!