So, I cleaned out my homeschool closet..... Q abt LHTH

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
AboveRubiesMama

So, I cleaned out my homeschool closet..... Q abt LHTH

Post by AboveRubiesMama » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:18 pm

To make way for my HOD materials! We're not starting until July and I won't order until after December (we have LOTS of bills coming up), but I'm really excited.

I have two cubby holes set aside for my books/manuals. I hope that's enough space for all three manuals and other materials. Once my dd has finished out her year of CLE, there'll be another box open. I have the others filled with art supplies and flash cards.

When I get my LHTH packet, I plan to laminate the flash cards. Is this what the rest of you did? I thought I'd cut them out and then laminate them to keep them from being damaged.
Last edited by AboveRubiesMama on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. ~Proverbs 31:10

Jessi

Re: So, I cleaned out my homeschool closet..... Q abt LHTH

Post by Jessi » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:38 pm

I didn't do that with ours but I have quite a few homemade flashcards for letters from before LHTH. So I left them alone. I think your idea is a good one about laminating the cards. I'll have to keep that in mind when I turn around and use LHTH for Logan in a year.

Congrats on getting your homeschool closet cleaned out. Ugh...you inspire me and irritate me ( Just Kidding!!! ) because now I am feeling the guilt monster creeping up whenever I look in my homeschooling cupboards...... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:30 pm

:lol: Those homeschooling cabinets, cubbies, and corners sure can hold a lot of stuff, can't they?!? We went to only having the books we're currently using in each of the boys' tubs, and then I have all of the books they'll get to later in another place - mainly because they didn't fit! But a side benefit has been the kiddos have an easier time knowing what to grab this year. :D Well, you've cleaned out, and you're all set for HOD - that's a good feeling! Oh, and Jessi, send that nasty "guilt monster" to time out - we'll get to organizing when we've got more time - which for me is SUMMER! :lol:

In Christ,
Julie :)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:52 pm

I copied the pages with the letters on them and then cut them apart and "laminated" them with clear contact paper. It has help up through two children so far. (And Lord willing, someday a 3rd child will get to use them.)
:D

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:44 pm

No laminating here! :wink: I just copied them, cut them in half, and folded like it said. Currently we're still using our "stack" as our bookmark for where we're at in the guide. Alli loves to tell me all the letters and sounds daily. :D When it gets too thick, I plan to stick them in a zip lock. If you're motivated enough to laminate, go for it. (But it's working great with no laminating, too.)

I'm glad your so pumped to get organized! (So ahead of the game, too.) I went on a major organizational kick in early August, and I'm happy to report that my kids' rooms and our homeschool books and supplies are still wonderfully uncluttered!!!! :D :D Gotta love that feeling!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 am

Julie- I sent that guilt monster to the corner for time out but he keeps turning around and sticking his tongue out at me. LOL :mrgreen:
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

stellar

Post by stellar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 am

I didn't laminate mine either. I do not have a laminator and it would be too pricey for me.
I love that the cards are photocopiable if one gets ripped :-)

Kari

Great job cleaning out!

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 pm

We don't even use the flash cards. We have enough other sets of flashcards laying around that I've just used them.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:57 pm

Kathleen-

Our 'stack' of flash cards is also our bookmark in the guide. Too funny! :lol:

I did not laminate ours or use contact paper, but I think I will. It will definitely make them last longer...and we'll need them with dc #4 when we get there-5 years from now! :?