My girls with Steve Green - PICS - (we use LHFHG and BHFHG)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tabitha

My girls with Steve Green - PICS - (we use LHFHG and BHFHG)

Post by Tabitha » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:01 am

Look what we did last night! We had a wonderful time. A small little concert, and afterwards pics with the man himself! I talked to his wife as I was buying my boatload of merchandise not even knowing she was Mrs. Green until he introduced her later in the evening.

And yes, I let him know we were a homeschooling family and using his cd's for learning memory verses (with LHFHG). He thought that way cool, and we got our cd autographed! Of course, I bought a new cd because they now also come with a dvd.

Exciting! I got to shake his hand! LOL - can ya tell I'm still on the high from last night?

My 6 yo said a resounding "no" when I asked if I could take her pic with Mr. Green while waiting in line. She hates her pics taken (Grandma takes way too many). But once I asked him if it was okay to take a picture, he turned and opened his arms up to the girls and asked them if they would like to take a picture with him, she ran right up to him with no probs. I was estatic, yet again! The 3 yo was too tired to get in with her sisters, she was laying down on the lobby couch.

17 yo dd - finishing WH, Geometry, German, Music, Media Art - filmaking, stop animation, etc.
14 yo dd - finishing RTR & TT7, Piano, Animal Shelter Volunteer.
11 yo dd - CTC, finishing up TT5, Piano.

Amey

Re: My girls with Steve Green - PICS - (we use LHFHG and BHFHG)

Post by Amey » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:34 am

That is so fun! What a great experience for you and your girls! :D
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

Marty D

Post by Marty D » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 am

What a great experience. I am jealous. The last time I saw Steve Green I was in college or maybe High school. It was the best "concert" I have ever been to. He seems like such an humble man, who really loves the Lord, and what a voice. He has been one of my favorites ever since, Thanks for sharing your pics.
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:25 pm

What a wonderful moment for you and your girls! :D Steve Green's ministry has been such a blessing to so many! It has been instrumental in my little ones hiding God's word in their hearts! I am grateful to him forever! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:49 pm

How exciting! Your gals will never listen to him and learn their memory verses again without picturing that night and how special it was to meet him. Doesn't God plan and coordinate the most amazing unforeseen "meetings" for us?!? Thanks for sharing!

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:51 pm

What GREAT pictures! What a great mommy you are Tabitha. They will remember this forever!

PS- He was much younger when I was younger :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:54 pm

That is so great! He was younger when I was younger too! (Remembering when God & God Alone came out)
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Tabitha

Post by Tabitha » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Thanks everyone!

He is just fabulous! It was at a small church and prolly about 400 or so in attendance. I don't think it was too much over that.

His voice is amazing and powerful. The acoustics of the church weren't the best...and the sound tech had the instruments and music up too loud. But still, a wonderful concert. He shared pics of his family and those that travel with, gave all their stories, and even let the kids gather up front (about 30 of them) to sing with him.

Tabitha
17 yo dd - finishing WH, Geometry, German, Music, Media Art - filmaking, stop animation, etc.
14 yo dd - finishing RTR & TT7, Piano, Animal Shelter Volunteer.
11 yo dd - CTC, finishing up TT5, Piano.

AboveRubiesMama

Post by AboveRubiesMama » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:40 pm

I have enjoyed Steve Green's music for years!!! Wow.....he's really aged though, but then I guess he's been singing and performing for a long, long time (sometimes I forget how old I am---lots of kids will do that, I suppose). Seriously, I just love his music. Seeing that his CD's are used in this curriculum was one of the things which drew me here.
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. ~Proverbs 31:10