OT- Can I just say that I love all my HODies!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

OT- Can I just say that I love all my HODies!

Post by water2wine » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:50 am

The women here are just so amazing. I love the contentment and the way we all lift each other up in a world that wants to tear us down. I know always when I come here it will be uplifting and affirming of the different calls God has for us individually. And I love that people are all so honest about the struggles but also embarrassing the blessings we have in our children and of course in the blessing we all have in HOD.

We have a little thing we have in our house it is called "group hug time". Someone calls it out and everyone comes running then we see who was hugged the most or see how long we can go. You know kids it is all about competition. But can I tell you when I come here the atmosphere is really is "group hug count our blessings, help each other out and love our children the best we can while we teach them with our best there is". I love that. You all are women I know desire to be Christ like and I just wanted to say what a breath of fresh air and a blessing it is. :D

"Group hug time!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

holyhart

Re: OT- Can I just say that I love all my HODies!

Post by holyhart » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:56 am

~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:51 pm

Hahaha! Perfect! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:01 pm

We needed that this week - thanks w2w!
Love in Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:43 am

Water2Wine, thank you for posting a wonderful note. I agree completely. I love that we can all come in here and be real and instead of feeling attacked or being made to feel inferior to the moms who have it all together, we get uplifted, prayed for, and encouraged. And when we have something fun, exciting, and hilarious to share- we know that we can come here and everyone will share in those good times too!

Kelly- I love that group hug!!!!!!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

happyhomeschooling

Post by happyhomeschooling » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Wow, you know this post just touched my heart, I just sat down to look at what was going on,
on the board and I was thinking to myself, reading over some things how great it is to have
so many like-minded mommies on this board always here for each other.

Then I read this one, and I thought ahhh, just what I was feeling in my heart was written down in words :D
Thanks!

We serve a Great and Mighty God, that people who live thousands of mles away, never
having met, can minister to each other, in a way that unites us more than just being
homeschoolers! Awsome
Wife to my best freind for 21 yrs. Mama to Stephaney, Elizabeth, and Victoria who are home with the Lord. Blessed with my Destiney 7, currently using BLHFHG

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:39 pm

W2W thanks so much for this post! I love having a board of like-minded ladies that I can come share with and laugh with. This has been such a blessing to me!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:38 am

Brenda, my heart is overwhelmed with your sweet spirit. Your love for the Lord and for other moms is so genuine. I totally agree with everything you wrote! (((Big Hugs)))
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:09 pm

I love it here too and I've only been on here a short time. I feel at peace on this board and know that the ladies here will only encourage and help me. I am very happy that I have chosen to go with HOD and can't wait to give my first weekly update! I love those :D

Blessings,
Paige an brand new HODie!
Joshua 9 BHFHG
Jacob 2 Before Five in a Row
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:20 pm

We love you too!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:37 am

I'm SO late to the group hug, but I'm hugging all of you back anyway! That was just what I needed today. :D What a wonderful place to laugh, share, cry, uplift and pray for one another. You ladies make the board what it is! I can sense a difference on this board, and I know it stems from each of your unfailing commitment to the Lord. We are blessed with each of you! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Natreez

Post by Natreez » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:43 am

Coming late to the hugfest but really needing and wanting to be a part of it too!! :wink: W2W what an awesome post!!
(((((hugs to all)))))

Have a great weekend!
Natreez :D :lol: :D
Wife to the man of my dreams and mom to 14yr old ds going into public high school and 8yr ds doing BIGGER in the fall :-D