Cheerful Cursive Question?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Natreez

Cheerful Cursive Question?

Post by Natreez » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 am

How do you get your child's letter tracing to show up on the practice lines? My son uses a pencil and it doesn't show and he's also tried using a colored pencil which also doesn't show up. Is he supposed to trace over the bold-faced letters or just do the copying by the smiley face? Just curious if we're doing something wrong.

Thanks!
Natreez
Wife to the man of my dreams and mom to 14yr old ds going into public high school and 8yr ds doing BIGGER in the fall :-D

Kathleen

Re: Cheerful Cursive Question?

Post by Kathleen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:44 pm

I guess I haven't worried about it not showing up. I have Grant trace the bold letters...most of the time. You can see it when they trace in the "outlined" letters. Then he writes on his own. When there are words to write, I've had great results telling him that if he writes each word so that it really looks just like the example, in his best, best handwriting, he only has to do it ONCE! He loves that! :D And his handwriting is looking just pretty good! :wink:

I love how short, and sweet Cheerful Cursive is!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Natreez

Re: Cheerful Cursive Question?

Post by Natreez » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Ok...guess I won't worry about it either. :D (There I go making a mountain out of molehill again. :wink: ) I couldn't agree with you more Kathleen. The short but very informative lesson is very refreshing. He just loves doing his cursive especially since it isn't a long drawn out process and he too really is seeming to pick it up very quickly.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Natreez
Wife to the man of my dreams and mom to 14yr old ds going into public high school and 8yr ds doing BIGGER in the fall :-D