I have a prayer Request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

I have a prayer Request

Post by MamaMary » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:57 pm

Oh How I miss posting about my wonderful HOD weeks! I received a phone call from my mom and my dad is in bad shape. He has been battling cancer off and on for the past few years. I feel Lord prompting me to GO and to be with him and so I am off first thing tomorrow. I am making it a special time with just one of my boys. (I take turns) We have a 4 hour drive and then will be staying for the whole week. I don't know if my dad knows the Lord. Please pray for him both physically and spiritually. His name is Wayne.

Thank you,
Mary
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Vicki

Re: I have a prayer Request

Post by Vicki » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 am

(((Mary)))

I'm thinking about you and praying for a safe trip for you to see your father. Praying that you can be a comfort to him and your mom, and that the Lord will be there with all of you, holding you in His hands during this difficult time.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:45 am

Mary, I'm sorry you have to go through this. My hubby lost his Dad to cancer a few years ago and it was so tough for him. I can't imagine going through that with our kids. I pray that you have a safe trip and that you have a chance to spend some meaningful time with your dad. Maybe you are feeling the need to go to make sure he's been given the chance to accept Christ. I also hope that you and your family can find peace in Christ through this very difficult time.
Crystal
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Christy in Texas

Post by Christy in Texas » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:58 am

Praying for your daddy. Also praying that your dad will see the love of Jesus. I believe he will see it as you are spending time and serving him. Bunch of hugs to you!!
Christy, wife to Danny of 14 years, mom to
Brycen 5/7/99
Emily 10/10/02
Hannah 10/10/02

my2guys

Post by my2guys » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 am

Just wanted you to know that I brought your dad before the Lord just now. ((Hugs)) to you.
Sharon
2017-2018
Ben (14yo) 8th with MTMM
and
Sam (12yo) 6th with RTR
Have already used and enjoyed: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR & Rev to Rev

Carly

Post by Carly » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:08 am

Mary,
I'll be praying for your trip
and your family.
Big hugs,
Carly

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:58 am

Mary,

I sent you two PMs. The first one was before I read this. The second one was after. Please let me know if you did not get them. The second one I really wanted to get to you. I am praying for you and for your father's salvation. I am praying that God will go before you and prepare the soil for the Good Seed. And I am praying for healing on every level that the Lord can bless you and your father on for your journey. Please remember in a blink of an eye a fate can be changed. I am praying that this will be the trip that God uses for your father's salvation to be restored if that is what is needed or that you will know that God has already done His work before you. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 am

Mary I just prayed for your dad and also for your sweet spirit filled heart to minister to his soul in ways you won't even know.

I pray you have a good week there.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:40 am

Mary, I just prayed for you and will continue to do so!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

kingsdaughter

Post by kingsdaughter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Mary,
I'll be praying for you and your family.

Lori
Lori P

Wife of Phil 15 years
Mother of DS 22 (college)
DD 14 (homeschool high school)
DS 8 (Bigger Hearts for his Glory)

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Mary I'll be praying.
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Happymom

Post by Happymom » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Praying for you and your Dad!!
Much Prayer and Blessings,
Amy

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Dearest Mary - I'm praying for you and your father! I wish I could give you a hug. I love my father so much, and I know you do too, so I can imagine how difficult this time may be for you. I will pray that God will open your father's heart to Him. Don't worry about trying to find the perfect things to say or to do with your father - God already has that planned out for you. Just being there is the right thing to do. It will be alright - you are close to God in good times, He is that much closer in bad times. Sending my love and prayers with you and your ds on your trip!

In Christ ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Oh, Mary...

I'm praying for you as you make this trip. I'm so glad that you're able to go as I know how thankful I am for the many weeks I was able to spend out of state with my mom during her last days. I cherish the memories of being able to take care of her and talk about our lives and what was improtant...and even say good-bye. I hope I'm not sounding doom 'n gloom. I know that the Lord absolutely is able to heal your dad if He so chooses. I'll be praying for him physically and even more importantly spiritually. Please know that we are coming boldly to the throne of grace, that we (especially you and your dad) may obtain mercy and find grace to help in your time of need. (Heb 4:16) I love you, Mary!

Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH