Just another 'WOW' moment

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaBear23Cubs

Just another 'WOW' moment

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

My son got out his story bible book and wanted me to read it to him. This is the first time he has done this and we read about 5 stories and talked about them. Also today while I was putting away a game I was playing with my oldest, my son started to roll and add the dice. So I spent the next five minutes having him roll the dice and count them. I got out our mini dry erase board and we wrote out the numbers and he did pretty good. He just needs extra help with 2 and 3. He knows all but 7 letters of the alphabet. I am repeating Little Hands more for the bible portion and have add some other things to our day like math and learning to read. I am going to wait a bit long before starting Little Hearts. There are still a few more goals I wish for him to meet before moving on.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/

netpea

Re: Just another 'WOW' moment

Post by netpea » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:20 am

It's wonderful when you see them figuring out addition and reading. Their little faces beam when they realize they can do it!

Vicki

Re: Just another 'WOW' moment

Post by Vicki » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 am

Those are the moments we all treasure during our homeschooling journey. Enjoy!
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!