Update!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MommyG

Update!

Post by MommyG » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi ALL!
I just wanted you to know that we are pulling our children out of school as of tomorrow (Thursday). When dh called today (from an overnight conference), I mentioned about how well today went and wanting the 2 oldest home. That I was done with carpooling, dress codes, boring work, etc. and asked him if tomorrow could be their last day, and he said, "yes. I agree." :shock: :D "Amen!" I just have to go in and talk to the Administrator tomorrow to let him know.
Please pray that all goes well. I am quite excited about it all.
I will drop them off tomorrow morning, to let them say goodbye and collect their things, while I talk to the Admin. Then we will go visit with our friends (who Homeschool) who we haven't seen for awhile. :wink:

Thanks again for all the help!
Mindi ~ Growing Love, Children, and Gardens in WI.

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 pm

:D How wonderful!! Hope tomorrow goes well! Let us know how your first few days go.

Melanie
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Mindi,

That is wonderful news! I did not have a chance to say hello in your initial post so, hello! What an exciting day Thursday will be for you all. Goodbye to carpools, dress codes and boring work!!! Let us know how everything goes.

Candice

netpea

Good luck.

Post by netpea » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Here's hoping you have a blessed day tomorrow. Maybe after lunch with your friends, you guys could do something special together, play their favorite games, paint a picture, something they love to do with you. Make their first day home a wonderful memory. :D

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:44 pm

I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your homeschool journey. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:56 am

So happy to hear that you will be able to pull your children out tomorrow!! I hope all goes well and all of you have a GREAT DAY!!

Blessings,
Sharon

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:58 am

Mindi,

What a blessing it is when a husband and wife are on the same page for their children's education! I believe God will bless you for being faithful to your husband's wishes while you worked together to decide what was best for your family.

I'm so excited that your little ones will be coming home for school. You received such wonderful advice from the ladies here. I agree with netpea's suggestion to make their first days home enjoyable ones.

We can feel your excitement.

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 am

Congrats, Mindi! That is very exciting, and I pray you have a wonderful day together! Remember, you are beginning a great adventure - maybe the most important decision you've made so far, next to giving your heart to God... or marrying your husband... this is IMPORTANT stuff! This great adventure can't be measured by a day, so give yourself a little elbow room to get into it, and always take time for hugs, hot cocoa and marshmallows together, and lots of "I love being both your mom and teacher" now comments - that's the stuff memories are made of! May God bless you and your children as you begin homeschooling with HOD, Mindi!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:51 am

that's great news!

just remember, there will be some days when you look out the window as the bus passes and BRIEFLY wish they were on it :lol: :wink:

it passes...very fast :P

blessings on your journey!
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

MommyG

Post by MommyG » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Checking in ...
You are not going to belive this .... this morning when I got up, the phone rang, and it was one of the mother's from school informing me, "... we won't have school today or tomorrow, because one of the teachers is sick, and many of the children. So. we are taking an extra long weekend to recover". :shock: :D *(you have to understand we only had 31 students, and about 4+ teachers) Do you believe it?! So. I didn't even have to take them into school today! LOL
I have to still call our Admin., but I will do that a little later.
SO ... we took advantage of this day. I dropped the 2 littles off at grandma's house, and the 2 older ones and I ran some errends (which included picking up some "school" supplies ... you know: clay, watercolors, etc. lol) and then, we went to the library. Oh! We're they excited! :) I showed them both how to look up the books they were looking for on the computer, and off they went. They got some great books. :wink:
We are now home. They are playing together, and will be going out in the snow soon.

I thank you all for the posts. I do realize that not every day will be as good as today ... but we can try. :wink: :D
Mindi ~ Growing Love, Children, and Gardens in WI.

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Sounds like a great day! When starting homeschool after pulling kids out of school, I've heard it is better to "ease into" the transition-seems like you are getting the opportunity to do just that :D