Bigger question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Christy in Texas

Bigger question

Post by Christy in Texas » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:43 am

Yay for box day yesterday! (Just had to throw that in!)

I'm will be doing Bigger w/ my 9 year old. He has had some good grammar lessons, so we started at English 3. I assumed that there would be lessons in the appendix. Do any of you have any suggestions? Should I just do a lesson a day?
Christy, wife to Danny of 14 years, mom to
Brycen 5/7/99
Emily 10/10/02
Hannah 10/10/02

water2wine

Re: Bigger question

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Christy this is the second time I answered you but my post disappeared. So if it shows up again you know why. :lol: First yeah! Happy box day! For R&S you would be using the Teacher Manual from R&S. You got that too right? That is what you use and it is very thorough and the program is very easy to use. :D HTH
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

inHistiming

Re: Bigger question

Post by inHistiming » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:06 pm

I am using a different level for my older son who is using Bigger... with my dd. We plan to just do a lesson per day, unless we skip something because he has mastered it. If it's just really easy we may do two lessons a day to keep moving forward. I think we'll be able to be into level 4 by January because he's already covered most of the content in level 3 in some way...we ordered it mainly so he can gain experience in diagramming, which he has not done before. You don't have to do EVERY lesson...once dc has it, move on to the next topic. HTH :)