Sneak Peek: "Visual History" set for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
RookieAce

Sneak Peek: "Visual History" set for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory!

Post by RookieAce » Fri May 19, 2023 3:27 pm

“Visual History” set for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

Picture the past with our new Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory “Visual History” set! Designed to round out the history study in Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, this collection of 27 engaging books provides a gorgeous visualization of the people, places, and events students are learning about. Sail to America on the Mayflower, bargain with tulips in Holland, settle in Jamestown with Captain Newport, plant apple trees across the nation with Johnny Appleseed, become a spy during the revolutionary war, build inventions with Benjamin Franklin, and live out on the prairie with Laura Ingalls Wilder - all just a sampling of what awaits you! By bringing history vividly to life, this set makes an excellent addition to Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. This set will be scheduled in the new edition of Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory.

Mgs

Re: Sneak Peek: "Visual History" set for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory!

Post by Mgs » Sun May 21, 2023 7:44 pm

Will this replace the current textbooks used?

christianmom

Post by christianmom » Mon May 22, 2023 6:10 pm

:D I’m glad my youngest is in LHFHG so I will get to do Beyond again with your new updates and additions! :D

Will these books be in addition to the current spines read in Beyond? Are they replacing the current read-aloud pack, or are they another read-aloud choice?

Thanks!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed May 24, 2023 10:41 am

I am thrilled you are excited about this new set! We are too! :D

These are picture book read-alouds keyed to match the existing history books in Beyond! They are for the parent to read to their child. It is a cuddle on the couch reading set to bring the history to life for the kids. Readings are spread out over days 1-4 each week all year long!

Blessings,
Carrie

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Thu May 25, 2023 12:33 pm

I'm so glad you're not replacing the current spines! I don't think they are "textbook-y" at all. I used Pioneers and Patriots with my daughter with a different curriculum and was excited to use it with my son when we switched to HOD. We really enjoy all the stories we get to learn from in those books. But I am looking forward to the extra "snuggle-up-and-read-time" time with this set! Read-aloud and storytime in Beyond are some of my favorite times of day with my son in this guide!

Blessings,
Jaime
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Sun May 28, 2023 8:34 pm

I’m glad too since I bought a complete set. The textbooks look interesting.