Am I true homeschooler now?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
yayadaisy

Am I true homeschooler now?

Post by yayadaisy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:41 pm

I was trying to plan my week for school this week when I thought wow I have come a long way since last year. It was my first year last year and I was always wondering if I was doing the right thing etc. I followed the teachers manuel like a saint and did what they did. We used MFW last year. This year we are doing mostly Beyond with my 8 and 6yr. My 8 yrs. is doing the math from Bigger and my 6yr. is doing the Learning the basice from LHFHG and we do Learning through history together with beyond and I have a different Lang. arts program! Now last year I never would of felt like I could do it but with HOD it is so easy. I get time with each kid alone and also we get to do things together too. I also have a 5 and 3 yr. I am doing LHTH with. they love it. We are busy on Tuesdays so I have made it a four day week for us and with HOD that is so easy! I am just amazed at how well I am able to juggle all the different parts of this. I am always in home school mode and find so many things that can tie right into what we are doing in school. What's even more fun is when I see the kids do something that we just learned or talked about. My dad , who is not a big fan of homeschooling, was really surpirsed to learn my oldest talking about the ocean and currents he said "Wow he really is learning a lot" Just wanted to share my happiness today!

Sheila mom to five great kids and one angel in heaven

ds-8
dd-6
ds-5
ds-3
ds-1
my "princess" elly who left to soon before I could even hold her 7-8-08

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Am I true homeschooler now?

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Sheila,

You get the "official homeschooler" award! I am sharing in your happiness today and thrilled for you too! Way to go, mom! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

gingel

Post by gingel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Too cool, too cool!

This will be our 3rd year homeschooling, but sometimes it still feels new. As I was writing a post for someone else, I thought, "Gee, I've actually had experience with this that might help someone else! I can't believe it!"
~Gingel

First time user of DITHOR and BLHFHG with 7yo DD
LHFH with 4yo DS

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:39 pm

I just get a warm fuzzy from reading posts like these...I love to see more and more of us choosing homeschooling! WOOHOO! I am excited for you, for all of us really!

Happymom

Post by Happymom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm

What an awesome day!! I am happy for you that your school year is off to a great start!! And yes, I think that makes you not just a real homeschooler but a 1st class one :D
Blessings,
Amy

Matt'sMom

Post by Matt'sMom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Shelia,

You sound so pleased and excited about school. I am happy for you. Keep it up :D

Durea