Sneak Peek: Emerging Reader's Set 2

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
RookieAce

Sneak Peek: Emerging Reader's Set 2

Post by RookieAce » Fri May 05, 2023 11:03 am

Say hello to our new Emerging Reader’s Set 2! Designed to follow our much-loved original Emerging Reader’s Set, this collection of 20 engaging books builds reading skills, picking up where the first set leaves off. Meet Buddy the first seeing eye dog, race against time to rescue a baby dolphin, solve the mystery of a runaway racehorse, fight a prairie fire with Cora Frear, deliver a secret message to Paul Revere, and pull together to save the family farm – all just a sampling of what awaits you! This set comes with a full-color reading schedule with brief discussion questions and narration starters. With books that gradually increase in difficulty, our new Emerging Reader’s Set 2 transitions beautifully into Drawn into the Heart of Reading.

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Sneak Peek: Emerging Reader's Set 2

Post by Carrie » Mon May 08, 2023 2:23 pm

Ladies,

We are excited with the enthusiasm we are hearing as you are looking forward to our new Emerging Reader’s Set! :D It is chock-full of wonderful books that your kids will love! This new set comes with its own schedule. The Emerging Reader’s Set 1 will also come with its own schedule too. This new design will make it easier for families to use these two sets whenever their child needs them. So, if your child is ready for the first set of Emerging Readers when you’re doing Little Hearts or Beyond Little Hearts, you can begin the set at any time. 8)

Each set is designed to last a year. So, when you finish Set 1 you can move on to Set 2. The sets are designed to steadily build reading level and comprehension, while helping kiddos learn to love reading great living books! A good goal is to finish both sets before beginning Preparing Hearts. Whenever your child finishes set two, you can move on to DITHR. :D

Carrie

Rice

Post by Rice » Mon May 08, 2023 4:14 pm

Carrie wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 2:23 pm
This new set comes with its own schedule. The Emerging Reader’s Set 1 will also come with its own schedule too.
Carrie
This makes me so excited! I'd love to share the ERs with those who don't know what to do after phonics, but aren't looking for a full curriculum! (Maybe after trying out how great the ERs are, they'll be able to explore HOD more! :wink: )

Looking forward to seeing all these new products. . .
Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Thu May 11, 2023 12:01 pm

When will this be available? I am interested in this.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri May 19, 2023 8:15 pm

Mgs,

I am so glad you are excited about the new Emerging Reader's 2 Set. We have the books in our warehouse already. They are up on our website now! You can see them in the store for Beyond Little Hearts, Bigger Hearts, and Preparing Hearts. :D

The schedule for the Emerging Reader's 2 Set is on preorder right now. It will be shipped by August or earlier. :D It comes as part of the Emerging Reader's 2 Set. There is also a progress chart with stickers that comes with the set for kiddos to display and add a sticker each time they complete a book. :D

Here's a link to the package in the Bigger Hearts store: https://heartofdakota.com/package/drawn ... ook-packs/

It is also in the Beyond and the Preparing Hearts store too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Sat May 20, 2023 11:38 am

Just added this to my cart! I had to laugh because I've had my eye on the Goldtown Beginnings set for my son for awhile, I was just waiting for him to be ready. Now that he is I just ordered the set for his summer reading! I may have to have him hold off on the 6th book until he gets to it in the ER2 set. :) And the Meg Mackintosh Mysetery series looks really fun! I've never heard of those!

Blessings,
Jaime
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed May 24, 2023 10:49 am

Jaime,

Wonderful! :D We pray that your little boy will love this set. It was a labor of love to put it together! I know my boys were excited to see some of their favorites showing up in these new book sets!

Blessings,
Carrie