Got my Box !! Yeah!!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Happymom

Got my Box !! Yeah!!!!!

Post by Happymom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:10 am

Hi everyone thanks for the warm welcome!!
My order came Saturday while I was entertaining guests!!! It was soooooo hard to leave it sit there unopened!! I finally got to open it right before bed. Then had to wait till Sun. after church and sitting at my MIL's open house (til 4pm) to really get to see it. Maybe the Lord is trying to teach me some patience!! :D Anyway I am thrilled with what I see and can't wait to get started!! I was planning on starting school Sept.2 but this makes me want to start now!! Can't though, were going on a mini vacation Wed. thru Thurs. and I have to plan and pack!! (more patience work :lol: ) Can you believe I would rather start school than go on a trip!! Wow, how wierd is that!! I haven't been this excited over any hs curriculum in YEARS!! (8 to be exact :o ) Thanks Carrie and family for getting this out so quickly. Now If I can just be patient a little longer..... :lol:
God bless and have a great day all,
Amy

holyhart

Re: Got my Box !! Yeah!!!!!

Post by holyhart » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 am

Yeah! Box day really is exciting!

Can't wait to hear how much you love it once you start!!! :D
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 am

Yeah. I love box day!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 pm

You're welcome! My boys love working in the warehouse with their daddy! :D I always tell them how important what they do is to each of your families!

Blessings,
Carrie

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:47 pm

So did you get LHFHG??? Or bigger?

I love box day :)

enjoy ... keep us posted.
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 am

box day is so much fun! Happy organizing!
:D

Happymom

Post by Happymom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:43 am

Teena,
I actually got BLHFHG my twins are 7(8 in Nov.) so it looks like it will be a perfect fit. I really like that I can keep using our phonic/reading program and our own math with it. I had been searching and searching for spelling,science and history. I just could not find anything that would fit both boys learning styles. I had seen over on HSR a lot of you all talking about HOD and decided to check it out. I had actually been give some free 2nd grade hist. and sci. and was planning on using that but I just could not get myself to like it. Then I thought "Why am I going to use this? Because it's free? That's not really a reason to use something I don't like when I could find a better fit." So here I am !!!! I can't wait to get started.
Have a blessed day,
Amy

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:50 am

Welcome to the boards, Amy! I know you'll have a great time with Beyond. We certainly are, and you will really see the fruit of your work and time from this program. It turned on a little light within my child, and he loves to have school now!
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Happymom

Post by Happymom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:58 am

Vicki,
Thanks for the encouragement!! I almost wish we didn't have to go on vacation this week so we could get started!! Almost that is.... :lol:
Amy