Interest in Reviving the Board?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Interest in Reviving the Board?

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:08 pm

On another thread, a few mommas mentioned how much they loved the board here, and how they would love to revive it again. :D I shared this on the other thread and thought I would post it here to see if there was any interest?

Honestly, it doesn't take a very large group of active momma's to invigorate a board. If even 10 of you committed to start a new post once or twice a week, you'd be surprised how much it would take off... albeit at a more leisurely pace. :wink: In the beginning of the board that is all the mommas we had! We got to know one another well, and those ladies stayed until their kiddos graduated. It was a decade long journey we all enjoyed so much! :D

I know if enough of you were interested to commit to starting a new post once or twice weekly, Julie and I could each commit to a new post once each week, so that would be two posts from us each a week! :D

I can see some of you are already posting, and it is wonderful to see! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

The2youngs

Re: Interest in Reviving the Board?

Post by The2youngs » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:32 pm

What I've found helpful is to subscribe to the main board so that I get an email every time something new is posted. It's essentially no different than my (now-deleted) FB app notifying me of a new comment/post. :-)

**To subscribe to the board for notifications:
Go to the Main Board.
Scroll down to the very bottom of the page - you'll see a light blue bar that goes across the page
On the far left, it will say "Home < Board Index" and then it will have a "Subscribe to Forum" link. If you click that, you're subscribed!

**To adjust your subscription settings:
Click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner of the page.
Click User Control Panel.
On the top tabs, click "Board Preferences".
On the left, click "Edit Notification Options".

There you can decide what things you want to be notified for by email and/or on the board itself (the little bell icon at the top of the page is an on-board notification system). For me, I like to be emailed of all new posts, so I have the Email checkbox clicked for "Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" and then for any followup posts, I also have the Email checkbox clicked for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed".

Hopefully that's helpful to some! And perhaps will encourage more traffic as people are notified of its use! :-)
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref

Norrfam0506

Post by Norrfam0506 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Carrie wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:08 pm
On another thread, a few mommas mentioned how much they loved the board here, and how they would love to revive it again. :D I shared this on the other thread and thought I would post it here to see if there was any interest?

Honestly, it doesn't take a very large group of active momma's to invigorate a board. If even 10 of you committed to start a new post once or twice a week, you'd be surprised how much it would take off... albeit at a more leisurely pace. :wink: In the beginning of the board that is all the mommas we had! We got to know one another well, and those ladies stayed until their kiddos graduated. It was a decade long journey we all enjoyed so much! :D

I know if enough of you were interested to commit to starting a new post once or twice weekly, Julie and I could each commit to a new post once each week, so that would be two posts from us each a week! :D

I can see some of you are already posting, and it is wonderful to see! :D

Blessings,
Carrie
I can definitely help with this! I would love to have some like minded moms cheering along the way!
DD13: LHFHG, Beyond, CTC, MTMM
DD11: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC

Rice

Post by Rice » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:31 pm

The2youngs wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:32 pm
What I've found helpful is to subscribe to the main board so that I get an email every time something new is posted. It's essentially no different than my (now-deleted) FB app notifying me of a new comment/post. :-)
...There you can decide what things you want to be notified for by email and/or on the board itself (the little bell icon at the top of the page is an on-board notification system)...
Hopefully that's helpful to some! And perhaps will encourage more traffic as people are notified of its use! :-)
Yes, I agree that this helps so much. I also like that now I get notifications for all new posts, not just the first one. It used to be that if I didn't go follow that link/visit the board, I wouldn't get any more notifications until I did. I like that now I get them all. This way I can decide if it's one that's important to me to check right then, or if I can wait till there are more to read before I go to the Message Board for some more leisurely reading. :lol:
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:27 pm

Oh, yes!!! It would be great to see the board revived. I've been a part of the board for over almost 11 years, ever since we began HOD with my little boy in Beyond Little Hearts. He is now finishing up his high school journey, with HOD still being a wonderful part of that journey. I have been tremendously blesssed by the ladies on the board and the wisdom that has been shared. I often revisit past posts whenever I need some encouragement. I would take HOD's board over other social platforms any day!! :)

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

Mississippi Mama

Post by Mississippi Mama » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 pm

YES! I'm very interested and have been back on here since taking a break from HOD for a couple of years. I have questions and need answers:) :D
Stacey, Blogger at http://www.staceyposey.com
Currently using Beyond, Bigger, CTC & WH
Mom of 6 boys & 1 girl + Wife to Mike :D
2 kids are adults
-one is a senior this year
-oldest is a United States Marine
My other 5 are: 16, 14, 11, 9, and 3

mommyofmany

Post by mommyofmany » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:21 pm

I would definitely be interested in posting and participating regularly! We won’t be starting up until August for high school with my (soon to be) 16yo though. But I’m excited to be coming back to HOD!!
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Hooray Ladies!

I'm so glad that you are excited to share on the board! :D It helps so much if we have a group of ladies committed to posting new topics and answering each other. Julie and I will definitely be checking in more often and posting too. :D

We look forward to sharing the journey. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

CookFamilyHomeschool

Post by CookFamilyHomeschool » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m somewhat new to the board but not to Heart of Dakota. I have only posted a couple of times, but I have spent a lot of time on here reading. It has been such a helpful place for me to learn practical tips on how to make HOD work for my family. It made me excited to see that the board is being revived! I’m going to try to check in once in awhile too! I’m looking forward to getting to know y’all better!

We have used Heart of Dakota from the start of our journey in 2016 with LHTH. Our boys were 5, 3 & 2. I can hardly believe we’ve been at this 5 years already! Our oldest is set to finish Preparing in 6 weeks! I am so grateful for the open and go format of HOD that allows me to just teach and not have to plan! As you can see from my signature I’m pretty busy with littles in this season. I love that HOD helps me meet everyone’s needs so that no one falls through the cracks!

Have a blessed Lord’s Day and happy homeschooling!
Bethany
Married to my best friend & Mommy to 8 happy kiddos!
Caleb 13 - Rev2Rev
Walter 11.5 - Preparing with Extensions
Josiah 10 - Bigger
Johannah 8 - Bigger
Joseph 6.5 - LHFHG
Hattie 5 - LHFHG
Wyatt 3.5
John 18 months

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 pm

This is going to be such fun, ladies! I'm happy to be a part of the HOD Board Revival too!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie