MeWe?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
vjj4

MeWe?

Post by vjj4 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:06 pm

I am in the process of leaving FB - just wondered how active the HOD board is on MeWe? I have applied but haven't been accepted yet...The message boards are not the same as they used to be on here. Just looking for more action :D
Helpmeet to my husband for almost 22 years
DD 27 - Private school through gr 2, then homeschooled SOS, now a single mom
DS 17 - Always homeschooled - Beyond/Bigger/Preparing & SOS

GS Almost 4 - About to begin HOD

Deut. 11:19
Is. 40:11

The2youngs

Re: MeWe?

Post by The2youngs » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:09 pm

I'm just recently a part of it, but it's nothing like this board or even the FB boards. It seems it's more a "Mom's Hangout" where they chat about all sorts of random/life things; in looking back at old posts, it's not at all a "how to HOD" board. I vote for reinvigorating this one!!! :-)
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am

I agree, we need to get more activity here! :D

I've never been a part of fb and have really missed the blessing that this board has been in my earlier days with HOD. I still check back here and post now and then, but it seems like so many moved to fb, and it's been quite slow here.

Come back, sweet homeschool mama's! ;)
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

Bijou

Post by Bijou » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:57 pm

I am on Fb still...and MeWe. The HOD Moms Hangout groups are just that. A place where HOD moms can talk about all kinds of things. The one on MeWe is just starting to catch some steam, but is still not as active as the FB group. There are several FB groups that are specific to each HOD guide. To me, I think these old fashioned forums need to be revived. FB is the biggest time sucker for me. As convenient as it is I am trying my best to stay off as much as I can.
Mom to:
DS 18
DD 16
DS 13

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:04 pm

Honestly, it doesn't take a very large group of active momma's to invigorate a board. If even 10 of you committed to post something new twice a week, you'd be surprised how much it would take off... albeit at a more leisurely pace. :wink: In the beginning of the board that is all the mommas we had! We got to know one another well, and those ladies stayed until their kiddos graduated. It was a decade long journey we all enjoyed so much! :D

I know if enough of you were interested to commit to posting something new once or twice weekly, Julie and I could each commit to once each week, so that would be two posts from us combined each a week! :D

Blessings,
Carrie