I'm new and just wanted to say hello!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Happymom

I'm new and just wanted to say hello!!!

Post by Happymom » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:05 am

Hi,
my name is Amy and I just ordered BLHFHG on Wed. and I can't wait to get it!!!
:D. I have twins in 2nd a 6th grader and an 8th grader. I am so looking forward to starting with HOD and getting to know you all!! This board (from all my reading) :lol: seems like a real friendly place. I wish my box were(is it was or were? Maybe *I'm* the one who should be doing BLHFHG :oops: ) here already but waiting is kinda fun too. Have a great day!!
God Bless,
Amy
Last edited by Happymom on Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vicki

Re: I'm new and just wanted to say hello!!!

Post by Vicki » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:39 am

Hello Amy, and welcome to the HOD board!

I'm happy you've found your way here to join us, and I hope you will receive as many blessings as I have from the wisdom the great people here share on a regular basis.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Natreez

Post by Natreez » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:52 am

Hi Amy!! :D Welcome to the HOD boards!!! So happy to have you join us. :wink: I look forward to getting to know you.

Natreez
mom to 14yr old ds going into high school in the fall and 8yr old ds doing Bigger in the fall
Wife to the man of my dreams and mom to 14yr old ds going into public high school and 8yr ds doing BIGGER in the fall :-D

Candice

Post by Candice » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:01 am

Hi Amy!

Welcome, so neat to have you here!
Needless to say, box-day is great, but I am with you, waiting is kind of fun too! Something about the great sense of anticipation as you keep peeking on the front porch to see if your "presents" have arrived yet! :D

Have fun-Candice

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:25 am

Hi Amy and welcome to the HOD boards and the HOD family full of happy moms. :D Isn't it fun when you are just so excited to get it. You will not have to wait long things get shipped lightening pace with HOD. So glad you found the right fit for your family. I also have sort of twins. They are virtual twins 3 months apart. It is so much fun to have them close together. Welcome and make sure to let us know when you start how you love it. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

jensmom

Post by jensmom » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Amy!

Welcome to HOD! I am new also and just started Beyond last Friday. We finished up the first Unit yesterday and went to St Augustine to the Castillo de San Marcos ( the fort) and also to Nombre de Dios (Name of God) which is the site of the landing of the ships and the first mass in the US. It was very cool! Oh, and my dd also enjoyed it. :lol: I will post more about what we saw in another post when I have more time.

We are very blessed to be close enough to visit St Augustine to see in person where Pedro and Catalina first arrived. And we are very blessed to have found HOD. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we are already! My dd is 6 and we are using Beyond for 1st grade. We will only be a unit or 2 ahead of you so feel free to ask questions. :D

Judy
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:40 am

Welcome to HOD. From what I've heard of the other programs, you're going to love it. We've only done LHTH and are in LHFHG now so no personal experience with the older programs yet.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:55 am

I bet your box comes today!!! :wink:

I ordered on Sunday and mine came Wednesday!

we are on day two!! :lol
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Carly

Post by Carly » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Welcome!!

Carly

Happymom

Post by Happymom » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Rats!! No box today!! Maybe tomorrow!!! :)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:06 pm

:D :D Welcome, Amy! :D :D

I'm sure that you're going to love doing Beyond with your twins! I just started Bigger with my 8 yo and LOVE it! We're really enjoying our school time. I'm so glad that we found HOD now, but I kinda wish I'd done the other programs with him, too. But, at least I have many years of enjoying school to look forward to! :D

And, you're right about this group of moms. They're great! I've had many questions answered and have so enjoyed being part of the HOD family!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Just wanted to say Welcome too! :D I'm sure you will love Beyond. We're using LHFHG and having a blast!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Amy,

I just wanted to pop-in and welcome you to the HOD family! We're glad to have you here!

I'm excited for you to get your boxes too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Welcome, Amy! I did Beyond...with my dd 8 and it was wonderful! This year we've moved on to the Bigger...manual and have added my ds 10...using the extension packs to add more for him. Today was our first day, and it's just as great as Beyond... The kids and I had a great time! I am also using LHTH with my ds 5, and he loves that program as well. It is just right for a little one who needs to move, and it's perfect for where he is. He can answer the simple questions that are included and he's learning his letters and sounds. I'm so excited about our journey with HOD and I know you'll have a super one too! I'm looking forward to getting to know you here on the boards. :D

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Welcome to the boards! You will love HOD!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!