Bible Study in the College Years

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Homeschooln2qts

Bible Study in the College Years

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Hi everyone! My oldest graduated in 2019 and is now in his second year of college. He used HoD from Preparing through the last high school guide and got so much out of this wonderful curriculum. The Bible study books in particular were so influential in shaping him into the young Christian man he is today. Recently, he was asked to lead a Bible study for his college group at church and he is wanting to find something similar to the Bob Schultz books, such as Practical Happiness, that would be good for both guys and girls. With so much to weed through out there, he’s really concerned about finding something Biblically solid and enriching. Heart of Dakota always has the best materials and I thought I’d reach out here to see if any of you (perhaps even Carrie or Julie) had any suggestions. Thanks so much in advance.
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

my3sons

Re: Bible Study in the College Years

Post by my3sons » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Congrats on graduating your son! How neat that he has been asked to lead Bible Study for his church college group! We love Bob Schultz too - wish he had been able to write more books before he passed away, but his books live on to inspire young men everywhere. I would recommend "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. This book has sold millions of copies. I have read it, and it is outstanding! In fact, I just got the accompanying devotional for my birthday. I have not done the devotional yet, but the book is so good. My oldest son is a junior in college, and his Christian leadership class instructor in college highly recommended reading "The Battlefield of the Mind." So, there's my 2 cents!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Homeschooln2qts

Re: Bible Study in the College Years

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:18 am

Thanks so much, Julie! I’ll pass that suggestion on to him. I read Battlefield of the Mind years ago when I was new in my Christian walk and it was really good!
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/