Elements: Ingredients of the Universe

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mama4z

Elements: Ingredients of the Universe

Post by mama4z » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi all! My MtMM daughter just started her Elements book this week and simply adores it. I was wondering if it is meant to be used as a consumable workbook or if the lessons should be written elsewhere? The introduction suggests having a separate 3 ring binder for this text, so it made me think work should be completed on notebook paper and stored there? I'd love to have this book be reusable as she has three younger siblings who will eventually need it. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Rice

Re: Elements: Ingredients of the Universe

Post by Rice » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:56 pm

We didn't write in ours. I've had 3 do MTMM and #4 will start next year, with 4 more to follow. We write in as few books as possible, and this one we kept for the others.

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:48 am

I actually bought the ebook (pdf) version from the author's website to go with the physical copy I bought from HOD. Now I can just print off the pages that are more "workbook-y." The website also has some free printables, mainly for the items in the appendix. The website is ellenjmchentry dot com. The free things are under "free downloads">chemistry.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

mama4z

Post by mama4z » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:46 pm

Thanks so much for the help, ladies!