Creation to Christ 2009 teacher's guide

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sarahuinink

Creation to Christ 2009 teacher's guide

Post by sarahuinink » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm

I just bought a used Creation to Christ book (copyright 2009). I didn't think there was anything that had changed, but it looks like this is not the newest edition. I purchased the book "The Radical Book for Kids" but my teacher's manual still uses "Genesis: Finding Our Roots". Is there anyway to get an updated pdf file incorporating the new book into the lessons? And what else has changed? I am new to HOD and this is starting to stress me out because I thought everything would match up!
Thank you,
Sara

Rice

Re: Creation to Christ 2009 teacher's guide

Post by Rice » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:24 pm

There are 2 ways to get the schedule for The Radical Book: 1) purchase the old guide or the Radical Book from HOD - they will send you the schedule. 2) purchase the new (color) guide that just came out this spring, 2020 (the past several years' printings have still had the Genesis schedule).

The only other thing to do, if you bought used, is to contact the original owner to get the schedule from them or ask how they dealt with this.

That is the only recent change in CTC that I can think of. There are updates for other guides (like Medieval in RTR), though, so if you purchase used, I suggest asking lots of questions of the original owner, and making sure it's a complete set (all the books that come with it match the editions/copyrights mentioned in the Intro of that guide). I have found that this is one definite advantage to purchasing directly from HOD - the editions always match or they will make it right! :D

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics