Girls Exciting News and Thank You!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Girls Exciting News and Thank You!

Post by MamaMary » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:39 pm

I just want to thank the Mama's who sent me their HOD testimonies! I LOVED the pictures! It really helps because I don't want our members to get sick of seeing my boys in all the pictures. (though I happen to think they're pretty cute :wink: ) I wanted them to see girls, older, younger, you name it! I am looking forward to putting the flip chart together and will take lots of pictures so you can see! My sweet friend and fellow HOD sista' Christa and I are very excited about sharing HOD at next month's support group meeting! (I'm gonna include my blog at the bottom and Christa is our newsletter editor, you'll see a picture of her)

The exciting news...., is that my first support group meeting of the school year was Tuesday night and we had something happen for the very first time in the 23 years since our organization began...., We had standing room ONLY! We had over 200 homeschoolers show up?!?! They were literally waiting outside to get in! But you know as much fun as that was...., I can't WAIT to move onto the next unit! I was just sharing in another post that I was looking at my HOD manuels on the shelf and I cannot WAIT to dive back in next week! I'm off to see if there are any Weekly Check-In's! On weeks we we are "off" school I live vicariously through YOU! :lol:

I blogged our Support Group Meeting: http://homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/574757/
Last edited by MamaMary on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Natreez

Re: Girls Exciting News and Thank You!

Post by Natreez » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24 pm

OMG!!! MamaMary....that is such blessed news!! What a wonderful feeling!!! Congratulations ...I'm so happy for you!! :D :D :lol: :lol:
Natreez
Wife to the man of my dreams and mom to 14yr old ds going into public high school and 8yr ds doing BIGGER in the fall :-D

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:04 am

That is wonderful news!

I plan on talking up HOD at our support group's meeting this month. I've got Beyond, Bigger, and Preparing and the catalog also, so I hope to give them all a peek into what HOD is like.

Great ideas you have, and such a great opportunity to share! :D
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:19 am

WOW! :shock: Over 200 families is something to do a happy dance about! I am so excited to see God calling so many people to bring their children home to teach. Looking forward to seeing your pics of your presentation. Oh and I finally found a homeschooling group. It is a half hour from us but is the closest and according to its website there are other families from my town who are a part of it. I am so excited!!!!!!

I am also having to live vicariously through everyone else this week and next as we are taking a break. I started a brand new baby this week so things are crazy trying to get him into our schedule and the older children I watch are getting ready to go back to school in a week. I thought once they are gone and the baby is settled in we will start back up. I miss LHTH already.....maybe I'll sleep with the manual under my pillow and absorb it by osmosis. Ya think? :wink:
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:36 am

How wonderful Mary! I so wish I could be there for that!!

Cute Jessi. I understand your pain. We're off this week due to multiple reasons. I keep looking at our LHFHG stuff and hope to get back to it next week. Though that's not looking promising.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 pm

What exciting news MamaMary! I'm so glad that it exceeded your expectations. The Lord's timing is perfect!

You ladies are each so special to us! We are grateful to have each of you in our lives. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie