Teaching Preparing with Two Kiddos

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mylittlewomen

Teaching Preparing with Two Kiddos

Post by mylittlewomen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:41 pm

Hello! I am getting myself organized and excited for teaching Preparing to my 8 and 10 year olds next year!! :) I would love any help, input, advice on teaching two students. Anything I should buy two of? Thank you :)
Janelle
Married to my best friend for 12 years
Mama to 3 sweet girls, ages 6, 8, and 10
Working Bigger with my oldest two, and Little Hearts with my little one!

my3sons

Re: Teaching Preparing with Two Kiddos

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:59 pm

The only consumables in PHFHG are DITHOR workbooks and math workbooks. For two students, it is still important they do the "I" boxes independently. An easy way to do this is to have one reading the "I" Science book, while the other is reading the "I" Independent History book (or extension book, if you have a student that age). For orally narrating with two students, here's a great blog post Carrie did...

https://www.heartofdakota.com/blog/2018 ... y-narrate/

You can also have the guide open in one common spot, so they can each see the directions and reference the guide as needed. The kitchen table or counter, or the dining room table often work well. Hope that helps!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mylittlewomen

Post by mylittlewomen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:15 pm

The only consumables in PHFHG are DITHOR workbooks and math workbooks. For two students, it is still important they do the "I" boxes independently. An easy way to do this is to have one reading the "I" Science book, while the other is reading the "I" Independent History book (or extension book, if you have a student that age). For orally narrating with two students, here's a great blog post Carrie did...

https://www.heartofdakota.com/blog/2018 ... y-narrate/

You can also have the guide open in one common spot, so they can each see the directions and reference the guide as needed. The kitchen table or counter, or the dining room table often work well. Hope that helps!

In Christ,
Julie
Thanks, Julie! This totally helps!! :)
Janelle
Married to my best friend for 12 years
Mama to 3 sweet girls, ages 6, 8, and 10
Working Bigger with my oldest two, and Little Hearts with my little one!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Oh good! Glad to have helped! :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie