Bigger Hearts Notebook

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Post Reply
BethCC
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:28 am

Bigger Hearts Notebook

Post by BethCC » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:39 pm

I’m planning on doing some portions of Bigger Hearts with my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th graders next year. Would you buy each their own notebook? When I went through Bigger with my older kids there wasn’t a notebook available. I’m familiar with them because we used them with the older guides.

my3sons
Posts: 10583
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: Bigger Hearts Notebook

Post by my3sons » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:52 pm

BethCC wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:39 pm
I’m planning on doing some portions of Bigger Hearts with my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th graders next year. Would you buy each their own notebook? When I went through Bigger with my older kids there wasn’t a notebook available. I’m familiar with them because we used them with the older guides.
Welcome to the Heart of Dakota Message Board, BethCC!

I am not sure if you are planning to use the older Bigger Hearts guide you already owned, or if you are going to purchase the newly updated Bigger Hearts guide. If you are using your older Bigger Hearts guide, Carrie had this to say about the notebooking pages...

Ladies,

When creating the notebook pages for Bigger Hearts, I tried to stay as close as possible to the previous notebook assignments in earlier versions of the Bigger Hearts guides. In the end, I would say that about 75%-80% of the notebooking assignments will work quite closely to the way the plans were written in the previous versions of the Bigger Hearts guide. :D The other 20%-25% of the assignments also correspond with the plans in previous versions of the guide, but the student may not know exactly what to do with the page as their part has changed.
There is also a large foldable timeline to assemble at the end of the notebook pages. If you have an earlier version of the Bigger Hearts guide, you can find assembly directions for the Bigger Hearts timeline on Unit 1 - Day 5 in the "Timeline" Box of the sample plans on our website. We have updated those sample pages as of last night, so they show the 2018 version of the plans. :D Link: https://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/BHFHG ... s-2018.pdf
I hope this helps! Of course, if you have a previous version of the guide it still works as written without the new pages. Happy notebooking! :D

Blessings,
Carrie



So, a good portion of the plans from the older BHFHG guide will work with the new notebooking pages. Or, if you are getting the new Bigger Hearts guide (which may be worth it even if you have the old guide considering you'd have 4 kiddos trying to share it), all of the notebook would work as written.

While the notebook is not 100% necessary, it is a lovely time saving, component that will help kiddos be more organized with their work. I've enjoyed all of the beautiful full-color notebooking pages through 12th grade with HOD, so if it were me, I'd get each of my kiddos their own notebooking pages/timeline, even if I had 4 using it. But, it's probably a matter of personal preference. Here's a link to the samples of the notebooking pages, so you can see them...

https://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/Sampl ... tebook.pdf

Hope this information helps as you make your decision! Enjoy Bigger - it is an outstanding, inspiring guide!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USII, MTMM
Wife to Rich for 25 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 20, 17, and 13
Author of Women's Devotional https://www.ebay.com/itm/293355757184
Blogger https://my3sons-julie.blogspot.com/
Sister to Carrie

Post Reply