WWTB 1 vs 2

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
StephanieU

WWTB 1 vs 2

Post by StephanieU » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:07 pm

I am thinking ahead to next year. I will have one child is CtC and one in MtMM. The oldest has done the HOD guides, but for a wide variety of reasons, we didn't do WWTB 1 with CtC. Would there be a big issue if I had them both do WWTB 1 next year? I thinking teaching them together will be easier on me (with vastly different expectations of course), as I will be running 4 guides at that point.
Mom to 4
DD (12) MtMM (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and Rev2Rev)
DS (10) CtC (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, and Preparing plus some of LHTH)
DD (8) Preparing (completed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DS (4) LHTH

chillin'inandover

Re: WWTB 1 vs 2

Post by chillin'inandover » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:21 am

StephanieU,
For a variety of reasons, I too skipped WWTB 1 in CTC. I used WWTB volume 1 in Rev2Rev and it was a good fit. My daughter needed more language skills, which is why I waited. I liked that she was more mature, had more LA under her belt, and had more vocabulary. She loved WWTB 1 and was able to write eloquently. Although she spent the time needed, it seemed effortless to me.
Tammy
Wife of 30 years
Mom to 4
DD 28 Technical Manager FA, Playwright, Producer, Lighting Designer
DD 26 Master in TESL, ELL teacher 3rd grade
DD 18 AAS welding
DD 14 , WG, US1 Chemistry, US2 Speech
Home Educator since 2000 HOD LHTH-US2