High School Track

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Gods servant

High School Track

Post by Gods servant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:35 pm

My dd will be a 9th grader this fall and just finished RevtoRev last year, so she needs the second 1/2 of U.S. History and will be doing MTM this fall. Do people grab some of the resources from USII to add to this year since she won't be able to make it to USII her senior year, or do you just not do that year? Is there a different guide people skip for the high school years if they are on MTM that freshman high school year?
20 dd (Homeschool Graduate at San Diego Christian College Psych.)
17 ds (Jr. in high school)
14 dd (MTMM)
12 ds (RTR)
8 dd (MFW Adv in US History)
Married for 24 years to wonderful dh
Used: LHTH, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, WG

manyblessings

Re: High School Track

Post by manyblessings » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:37 pm

If you notice in the options for MTMM, it is for a target range of ages 12 to 14 and can be extended for ages 15 to 16. All you would need to do to make it sufficient for grade 9 is add the Self-study extension package which "extends the study of history for students in grades 9 - 10." You don't need to find other resources. You would order the Economy Package, the Science, the Self-study Extension package, the writing program, and your choices of Reading, Grammar, and Math. So, your daughter would just be getting US History part 2 as a freshman instead of as a senior, and then just do the first 3 high school guides.
Lourdes
Happily married since 2009
Mom of 4 adults and 1 homeschooler
Used Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RevtoRev

Gods servant

Post by Gods servant » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 am

Thank you so much for answering my question. I knew that this guide was used for 9th grade, but just wasn't sure if that meant that they skipped Geography, or that final year or what. So the MTM Science can count as high school Science then?
20 dd (Homeschool Graduate at San Diego Christian College Psych.)
17 ds (Jr. in high school)
14 dd (MTMM)
12 ds (RTR)
8 dd (MFW Adv in US History)
Married for 24 years to wonderful dh
Used: LHTH, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, WG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:40 pm

In this post, Carrie shares how to beef up MTMM' science to make it high school credit worthy...

https://heartofdakota.com/board3/viewto ... 8&p=119558

Hope this helps!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie