Should I finish the Guides?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
quiverfull

Should I finish the Guides?

Post by quiverfull » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:07 pm

I have two kids that did not finish their guides (Preparing and CtC). One has 10 units left and one has 13 units left.

I don't know if I should:

a.) Have them finish quicker by just reading the books (no written work) through July and part of August. Then I can start new guides in September.

b.) Just keep working through the guides till the end of July, take a break for August, then start back up in September (wherever we left off) and start the new guides when we finish the current ones.

c.) Keep working till the end of July then start the new guides in September even though we won't have finished the previous guides.

I believe both of them will be fine with the skill level in their next guides. We had a lot of interruptions this year in our schooling, so they fell behind. I just hate the thought of them not finishing. I really don't know which is the best option. Maybe there is something else I should do?

Thanks,
Married for 30 years….Mom to 9~
Five graduated, four still in school. 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 12, 10

Used/Using
WH
WG
MTMM
Rev2Rev
CtC
Preparing
LHFHG

manyblessings

Re: Should I finish the Guides?

Post by manyblessings » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:44 pm

I like option b. You don't have to finish a guide at the "end" of a school year. Pick up where you left off after your break, then start the next guides whenever you finish the other ones.
Lourdes
Happily married since 2009
Mom of 4 adults and 1 homeschooler
Used Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RevtoRev

quiverfull

Post by quiverfull » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:51 am

Thank you for your feedback :) I like that one too, I just don't know how to let go of the feeling of being "behind" :( After homeschooling for so many years, you'd think I would be over that by now. LOL.
Married for 30 years….Mom to 9~
Five graduated, four still in school. 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 12, 10

Used/Using
WH
WG
MTMM
Rev2Rev
CtC
Preparing
LHFHG

avbprincess

Post by avbprincess » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:38 am

Don't think of yourself of behind, just delayed. Being that there are 35 weeks in a guide and 52 weeks in a year, you can catch up to where you originally wanted to be within the next school year or two, while continuing to take an appropriate amount of time off.
Deanna
Wife to DH since 2000
DS 16 - US1
HODers from the beginning