Combining kids into Beyond

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ChristineinTX

Combining kids into Beyond

Post by ChristineinTX » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am

I have two daughters that just turned 6 and are just starting to read. I have one daughter that recently turned 8 and is a great reader and speller, but is overall a little less mature for her age also needs help with all the other subjects. I'm thinking of combining them into this one guide. I also have 3 more boys that I'm homeschooling and we are currently using another program for them.

I'm also a little stressed thinking about adding in multiple guides, honestly.

I know that these ages are on the bookends for the guide. My 8 year old will be 9 before we finish the guide. Thoughts?

my3sons

Re: Combining kids into Beyond

Post by my3sons » Fri May 24, 2019 3:28 pm

ChristineinTX wrote:I have two daughters that just turned 6 and are just starting to read. I have one daughter that recently turned 8 and is a great reader and speller, but is overall a little less mature for her age also needs help with all the other subjects. I'm thinking of combining them into this one guide. I also have 3 more boys that I'm homeschooling and we are currently using another program for them.

I'm also a little stressed thinking about adding in multiple guides, honestly.

I know that these ages are on the bookends for the guide. My 8 year old will be 9 before we finish the guide. Thoughts?
Hi Christine and welcome to the HOD Board! Age-wise your daughters could be combined in Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, as the target age range is ages 6-8. Check out the placement chart to be sure, as age is only one determining factor in placement in HOD. The first page of the chart should be weighed most heavily...

https://www.heartofdakota.com/placing-your-child.php

If your 6 yo pair are ready for Beyond according to the above chart, then you can combine both of them with your 8 yo and be just fine. You can just choose appropriate language arts and math levels for each of them. If you have any questions about those choices, just ask away here! Or, just give HOD a call - we love to help! We can answer any questions and even help you place your order if you'd like. Let us know if we can help!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie