Thank you, Carrie, for your book choices & recommendations!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
farmfamily

Thank you, Carrie, for your book choices & recommendations!

Post by farmfamily » Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 am

I just wanted to thank you for the fabulous books you include in HOD as well as the great choices in the Sample Book ideas. I think my oldest would have loved reading no matter what the curriculum, but the variety in what she reads is due to HOD. Many many times she has gone to the library searching for more books by an author you included in your guides or in DITHOR!

But I am most excited about my younger two right now. My youngest never liked to read for fun until he discovered Hank the Cowdog from the Sample Book Ideas list. Now there is no stopping him! He has read about 30 books in that series and joined the fan club!

My middle one adores Lois Walfrid Johnson, another HOD author (the Viking Quest Series). She is reading through multiple sets of her books. My oldest also loved these. But she didn't care much for Hank the Cowdog.

Each child is so different, but you managed to find wonderful authors to interest ALL my kids in reading for fun. And they are books I had never heard of before. So thank you!!!
blessed to be married 17 yrs to my hardworking farmer dh, mom to:
daughter 13 MTMM
daughter 11 Rev to Rev
son 10 CTC

Enjoyed Little Hands, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, Res to Ref, and Rev to Rev!!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Thank you, Carrie, for your book choices & recommendatio

Post by Carrie » Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Thank you so much for sharing!! This inspires me so much, as we put much thought and time into our book choices. It is truly a challenge to find great books that will help kiddos learn to love to read. You blessed my heart today. :D

Blessings,
Carrie