Notebooking Pages for Bigger

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ekfleet

Notebooking Pages for Bigger

Post by ekfleet » Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Good Evening,

I hope its ok to start a new thread regarding the discussion on a previous one about notebooking pages for Bigger?
We are planning to start Bigger in July and I was curious if those would be available for purchase soon?

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Notebooking Pages for Bigger

Post by Carrie » Wed May 16, 2018 11:27 am

I think we are looking at mid-June for the pages to be available. :D They are beautiful and include timeline pages to assemble to make a fold out posterboard-sized timeline!! I think both parent and student will enjoy the pages. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

ekfleet

Post by ekfleet » Wed May 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Thank you so much Carrie!
I'm looking forward to using them.

manyblessings

Post by manyblessings » Wed May 16, 2018 5:43 pm

I am so excited for this! Looking at using Bigger again in about 2 years :)
Lourdes
Happily married since 2009
Mom of 4 adults and 1 homeschooler
Used Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RevtoRev

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Mon May 28, 2018 12:49 pm

The pages will still work with an older guide of BIgger? I still have the 2007 guide I used with my other 3 children.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 am

bump
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

Jaime1439

Post by Jaime1439 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:24 am

Will these be easily used with the older versions of bigger?
Jaime

DS13, DD11, DS8

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Ladies,

When creating the notebook pages for Bigger Hearts, I tried to stay as close as possible to the previous notebook assignments in earlier versions of the Bigger Hearts guides. In the end, I would say that about 75%-80% of the note booking assignments will work quite closely to the way the plans were written in the previous versions of the Bigger Hearts guide. :D The other 20%-25% of the assignments also correspond with the plans in previous versions of the guide, but the student may not know exactly what to do with the page as their part has changed.

There is also a large foldable timeline to assemble at the end of the notebook pages. If you have an earlier version of the Bigger Hearts guide, you can find assembly directions for the Bigger Hearts timeline on Unit 1 - Day 5 in the "Timeline" Box of the sample plans on our website. We have updated those sample pages as of last night, so they show the 2018 version of the plans. :D Link: https://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/BHFHG ... s-2018.pdf

I hope this helps! Of course, if you have a previous version of the guide it still works as written without the new pages. Happy notebooking! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

MichelleIndy

Post by MichelleIndy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello,
When looking at the new guide pages, I see that the grammar box looks different too. Rather than saying Rod and Staff p. 1-2 for example it now says something about levels and units. Have the assignments changed? Also, if we just bought the guide for this past year, do you think it is necessary to upgrade in order to get the notebooking instructions or will there be a supplement we could purchase with ONLY the day 5 updated notebook and timelines? I am trying to decide to just stay as is or if it worth it to upgrade since I still have three boys to go!! Thanks,
Michelle

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:18 am

Michelle,

The reason the grammar box looks different is that we have added the additional option of doing Rod and Staff English 3. So now the grammar box shows both English 2 and English 3 as options. You just choose one option. :D If you are using English 2,the lessons in your Bigger Hearts guide will be the same as those scheduled in the new guide. :D

As far as the notebooking pages go, you are able to use your current guide as written. If you did choose to go that route, you will be doing Bigger Hearts the way I did it with all of my boys! We enjoyed Bigger Hearts that way very much!! :D

If you do choose to purchase the notebooking pages, you would be able to do about 75-80% of the pages with no changes. You can also refer to the link I linked above to assemble your timeline. Either way, I think you will have a wonderful journey through Bigger Hearts.

We do not have a update you can purchase for the guide. As we update all of our various guides, it would be incredibly confusing and time-consuming to create and print individual updates every time we update a guide! This is our first major revision to Bigger Hearts since it was written many years ago. :D

Blessings,
Carrie