Honors or AP for high school

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
godgirlnikki

Honors or AP for high school

Post by godgirlnikki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Wondering if there are any posts or ideas on making any of these high school courses Honors or AP? Not saying they aren't enough, but just trying to "weight" the GPA...I searched and couldn't specifically see any!

StephanieU

Re: Honors or AP for high school

Post by StephanieU » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Carrie has indicated that of they do the living library you can give them the traditional 10% bonus that goes with honors/AP classes.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

sinceLHFHG

Post by sinceLHFHG » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:56 am

godgirlnikki wrote:Wondering if there are any posts or ideas on making any of these high school courses Honors or AP?
I had to type up my dd's transcript from WG before she tranfered to public high school, and I was astonished at the amount of work she did under that program. When the counselor looked at my list of books, I don't think she even believed it.

I asked my daughters what they would add to HOD to make it Honors or AP worthy, and they just laughted! They think all of HOD is honors or AP compared to what they are currently doing in school. In school, the kids always ask, "how do you know that?" or "Why are you are so smart!" or even "I wish I would have been homeschooled". Seriously!

I would not add one single thing to the WG program. It's full enough as is.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:40 am

I agree with both pp's! Doing the Living Library and all that is planned in the guides is more than enough for a distinguished track of education through high school. Enjoy it! It's been amazing for my sons in high school!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie