Working in Beautiful Girlhood

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kidsforHim

Working in Beautiful Girlhood

Post by kidsforHim » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:26 am

My DD is 11 & currently using Preparing. I was wanting to use Beautiful Girlhood with her sometime, & would prefer, I think, to use the lesson plans in the Resurrection to reformation guide, BUT she won't be in that guide for at least a couple of years yet. That would make her at age 13 & by then wouldn't that be a bit late? What do I do? Work it into the Ctc guide or just wait til RtR?

farmfamily

Re: Working in Beautiful Girlhood

Post by farmfamily » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Personally, I would wait. I am doing it with my 11 year old now and sometimes wish I was doing it with my 13 year old instead (did it with her 2 years ago). Some of the topics seem more relevant to a teenager than a pre-teen.
blessed to be married 17 yrs to my hardworking farmer dh, mom to:
daughter 13 MTMM
daughter 11 Rev to Rev
son 10 CTC

Enjoyed Little Hands, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, Res to Ref, and Rev to Rev!!

kidsforHim

Re: Working in Beautiful Girlhood

Post by kidsforHim » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & experience. We likely will just hold off using it. Maybe I should get the book & read it myself so I'll have an idea what it's like.