Math question for World Geography

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
edsnyder00

Math question for World Geography

Post by edsnyder00 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:15 am

Ok, So maybe I messed up somewhere but ds13 currently in MTMM doing No Non-sense Algebra so moving into World Geography -what math would be recommended - would just go up to the Geometry?

In Revival to Revolution, we used principles in mathematics 1. I'm thinking, here is maybe where I messed up - maybe we should have done Principles in mathematics 2 for MTMM instead of the Algrebra???
Previous guides we worked through singapore up to 6B.

StephanieU

Re: Math question for World Geography

Post by StephanieU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:26 pm

What do you want to do for Algebra 2? No Nonsense Algebra is a very basic program, often used by those that struggle with math. If your student wants to go on and take advanced math (College Algebra in college or precalculus/calculus later for example), I would recommend doing another year of Algebra 1, with something like Forester's. Many Algebra 2 curriculums will be a challenge with only No Nonsense Algebra I think.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

edsnyder00

Re: Math question for World Geography

Post by edsnyder00 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:45 pm

StephanieU wrote:What do you want to do for Algebra 2? No Nonsense Algebra is a very basic program, often used by those that struggle with math. If your student wants to go on and take advanced math (College Algebra in college or precalculus/calculus later for example), I would recommend doing another year of Algebra 1, with something like Forester's. Many Algebra 2 curriculums will be a challenge with only No Nonsense Algebra I think.

I'm not sure what to do for Algebra 2. He is doesn't really struggle with math, he is just not big on it...He isn't sure what he wants to do at this point so I want him to get and learn as much as he can that way he won't be behind if he chooses to advance towards more advanced math.

So it looks like I made the wrong choice when I picked the no non sense algebra - part of that was the funds. The video text was so costly that I just could not pull that off this past year. I don't recall there being the Forester's option or maybe I overlooked it in the MTMM selections.