R&S Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
glperky

R&S Question

Post by glperky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 pm

I think, my son is about to start Res. to Ref. This will be his first time using HOD since Bigger. I notice in RtR that the LA starts in the last half of R&S so since he hasn’t done the first half of either book, I’m not sure where to start. Could I have some help, please?
Married to my best friend since Oct. 1989
DS 25
DS 20
DS 12
DS 10
And one - waiting in Heaven

I am way outnumbered and loving it!

my3sons

Re: R&S Question

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi there, glperky! I was just reading through your other post to remind myself of what you'd shared about your ds. It looked like he placed among several guides for grammar. R & S English 5 is pretty tough! I think I'd do R & S English 4, but do it daily instead of starting in the middle. Our sons have learned so much from R & S English. I will say it has helped us to stay the course with R & English to do most of the lesson orally or on markerboards, reserving only 1 section or so to write. We usually have our sons write the 'writing exercises' with an asterisk or write the diagramming exercises. Your son could then do R & S English 5 with Revival to Revolution, and R & S English 6 with Missions to Modern Marvels. But, knowing what you do about what he's done in the past with grammar, what do you think about this idea?

In Christ,
Julie Grosz
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

glperky

Re: R&S Question

Post by glperky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Julie,

I think your correct and we need to go with Level 4. Thank you.
Married to my best friend since Oct. 1989
DS 25
DS 20
DS 12
DS 10
And one - waiting in Heaven

I am way outnumbered and loving it!