Anyone else? (PHFHG reading schedule)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
catbeth

Anyone else? (PHFHG reading schedule)

Post by catbeth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Am I the only one who gets a deep feeling of dread when I look at the next page in the guide and see that Grandpa's Box is not on the schedule? My kids get really upset and it throws off the school day. They LOVE Grandpa's Box and don't understand why I can't toss the schedule to the wind and read it. *sigh*
Mom to:
DD 12
DD 9 and DS 8: PHFHG

momtofive

Re: Anyone else? (PHFHG reading schedule)

Post by momtofive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 am

I'm chuckling as I read this, as yesterday my 4th grader asked me why every day can't be reading Grandpa's Box! Lol! :lol: It's my 5th and final run through this guide, and I'm loving every minute.....even the CHOW readings! :D So many good books, and so many good lessons built into all of these guides!! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your year! :wink:
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

my3sons

Re: Anyone else? (PHFHG reading schedule)

Post by my3sons » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Oh, so true! We LOVED Grandpa's Box too - definitely an all-time favorite of mine and of my sons!!! I'm so glad you are enjoying it too - what could be better than our kiddos longing to hear more stories about the Lord?!? Thanks for sharing!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie