World Geography World Religions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jellybeanmum

World Geography World Religions

Post by jellybeanmum » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:35 am

We started the book World Religions.. & while my son was working on his pi-graph the youngest piped up with curiosity to ask when the book was published. When we noticed the 2011 date on it a discussion began on wondering if the statistics were still current, especially in light of current events in which we're led to believe other religions are on the rise. I tend to sit back & listen to these discussions, to be honest, & just let them unfold around me answering questions here or there, or commenting if I feel the conversation has taken a bit of a wonky turn. My eldest decided that his little brother {who is not, btw, doing WG} might be on to something & thus opted to have a quick peek to see how stats compared to current times. His search led him to THIS website which confirmed that the stats are indeed still within the numbers listed. You may notice though that the pie-graph on the shared link doesn't include some of the religions that the book does.

Anyway, I thought I'd share incase anyone else was curious.

my3sons

Re: World Geography World Religions

Post by my3sons » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm

How interesting! Our son is completing the WRC course this year as well, and I remember him completing the pie graph. He is really enjoying the WRC study! It has been a wonderful way to 'see' what it would be like to convert to Christianity having been raised with another religion! Riley just finished reading Mimosa. All I can say is 'oh my'! If Mimosa could choose to be a Christian under those circumstances, truly anyone can! Such difficulty; yet she found contentment, and even joy at times. Amazing!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

jellybeanmum

Post by jellybeanmum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 am

Oh, we've just started Mimosa! :)

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:15 am

We loved this study, and learned so much when my older two did WG. I'm really looking forward to our next trip through it with dd next year! :wink:
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!