Need prayer for my HOD decision ... Please!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Sandi_NC

Need prayer for my HOD decision ... Please!!

Post by Sandi_NC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Ladies ~

Please pray with me and for me. I'm struggling greatly with my HOD decision and just seem to need some clarification from the Lord. I had originally planned to do Bigger. Changed my mind and ordered Preparing. I was so excited when it arrived ~ but within days I was panicking and found myself completely unsure of what I had done. DH wasn't sure that this was the path we were supposed to take, and asked me to return the books. So I returned them. :( I'm wondering if his indecision is a result of my panicking. :oops: I cannot get HOD out of my mind. I was so sure the HOD was the way we were suppose to go (and I still am) so I'm not sure what went wrong when I ordered Preparing. After talking with DH, he now things that either Bigger OR Preparing would be a good fit for us and I can order it again if I wish to!

Now I'm even more confused! I do feel that HOD is the Lord's wish for us, but I'm so afraid of making another mistake.

Would you please, please, please pray with me and for me this weekend? I'm going to be spending this weekend in prayer over HOD so that come Monday, I'll have a decision and can place my order.

I earnestly want to do the right thing ~ but now I'm unsure of any decision I make. :(

In Him,
Sandi
Sandi in NC ~ Wife to Bill and Momma to William (11), Lizzie (10) and Anna (9)

Samuel'sMommy

Re: Need prayer for my HOD decision ... Please!!

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Praying for you Sandi!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carly

Post by Carly » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:27 pm

I know it's really a struggle sometimes to make those big decisions.
Keep seeking the Lord in this and He will show you His way for your
school year. Praying for His will for you and your family,
Carly

sunshinestatemom

Post by sunshinestatemom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:14 pm

I know exactly how you feel.I just went through the same thing.I just ordered Preparing this am and then second guessed myself.I promised myself I would at least spend some time going over it before I make a definite decision on wether it will be right for us.I have such trouble making my mind up on things like this when others may think its so minor.I will pray for you! :D
Blessings
Elizabeth

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Oh Sandi,

I wish I could give you a big hug! If you're unsure about placement, I'd be glad to talk through it with you, if you give me a call. :D Getting the right placement can be a little nervewracking, but once you get that right, I think you'll be surprised how your days will fall into place. Often our husbands just want to know that we feel good about our curriculum decisions. If they feel we are not comfortable with it, they get concerned about how our year will go. :D

I know God will give you a peace about your upcoming year, whether it be with HOD or not. We pray His perfect peace for your family! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Sandi saying some prayers for you on your decision and peace. I would definitely take Carrie up on the call. It will really help you. I really wanted HOD to work for my older kids but I just could not figure out how to place them. I called Carrie and she really got us the perfect fit. It's sometimes hard to look at a program like that that has so many books connected to it and really know what a good fit is especially if you are wondering about levels. But a good chit chat with Carrie will fix you right up then you can know what the best fit really would be and go from there. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:33 pm

I'll be praying for you too, but definitely follow the ladies' advice and call Carrie!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:18 am

Sandi - and Elizabeth too -

I'm praying for the 2 of you, and I know the Lord will lead you both to the right answer here! One of my favorite things about all of the HOD guides is that teaching our children to know and love the Lord is woven into every single HOD program. With that as a foundation, you cannot go wrong with either choice really. One thought I had is for you to go back to the placement chart, focusing really on age, reading, writing, and math, and choose the program based on that. That placement chart has been right on track for our dc every single time, and I think it's a great tool to use in making your placement decisions. Then, armed with that knowledge, I'd definitely give Carrie a call. She is wonderful to talk through placement with! I'll keep praying - going to the Lord first and then seeking out more wisdom to make your decision will lead you to a decision your heart can be at peace about! :D Keep sharing here at the board, we HODies care about each other a great deal! :)

In Christ,
Julie :)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Sandi_NC

Post by Sandi_NC » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:04 am

Carrie, Julie and all you other wonderful ladies ~

Thank you so much for your responses ~ Carrie, I will be taking you up on your offer for help! I'm going to print out the charts (I can't find my catalog all of a sudden :? ) and go through them again and write out my thoughts and concerns; and what I know their strengths/weaknesses to be. Maybe just hearing Carrie's voice will help!

I'm just finding it so difficult, even though I feel I know my children well enough ~ so close in age, so far apart in abilities ~ and not having any confidence in myself as a teacher. I want so much for them to love the Lord with all their heart, soul and strength ~ and to see Him in me as well.

I am so humbled by all your thoughts and offers for help. I knew I could ask for help and not worry about being turned away. Our God is so good!
Sandi in NC ~ Wife to Bill and Momma to William (11), Lizzie (10) and Anna (9)

Candice

Post by Candice » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:20 am

Hi Sandi!

Can you fit in one more prayer giver?! It looks like you are starting to find some direction at this point, I can only guess that things will become even more clear for you after you are able to talk with Carrie. Anyway, I will be thinking of you/praying for you this weekend as you begin to sort through it all.

Candice