Teacher's Book for WG BJU Literature?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
HappyAtHome

Teacher's Book for WG BJU Literature?

Post by HappyAtHome » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi everyone,
I am ordering some pieces for WG on a very tight budget. Do I really need the teacher's manual (comes with CD?) for BJU Fundamentals of Literature? Thank you!

momtofive

Re: Teacher's Book for WG BJU Literature?

Post by momtofive » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:56 am

I've used this course with great success in the World Geography guide, and found the teachers manuals to be extremely helpful in teaching, explaining concepts, and discussing answers to the exercises in the book. There's a lot included in the teachers manuals, and while we didn't need *all* the info they included, it was a very necessary resource in teaching. I've never felt that HOD suggested books I wouldn't need much, of which I really appreciate. I also sent you a pm, and wish you the best in your new school year! ;)
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

jjn3beans

Post by jjn3beans » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:40 am

We're doing this course right now with our 9th grader. I find the TM invaluable. It would be very difficult for me to pull out everything we need to discuss without the book. On the days when we discuss, I usually read her the questions and we try to answer the questions without looking at the TM to find out our own opinion. Sometimes we just don't know, and then we look at the TM. Sometimes the TM brings to light another opinion and we can discuss that too. It aids greatly in that respect.
Julie
DD15, DD13 (MtMM + some WG)
DD11 (Preparing)

HappyAtHome

Post by HappyAtHome » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:35 am

Thank you! That is very helpful to know :)