Singapore math

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
msgartin

Singapore math

Post by msgartin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello,
I have singapore math textbooks 2a and 2b us edition. They were printed in 2006 and 2003 repectively. If I order new us edition workbooks will they be compatable with the textbooks?

Nealewill

Re: Singapore math

Post by Nealewill » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:13 pm

I would think that they would be compatible. Someone gifted me some student text when I first started using Singapore and everything has matched up fine Her kids are a bit older than mine so they weren't necessarily the newest ediciton.

However, with HOD, you don't need the student text books for that level. The Bigger guide has activities you would complete in lieu of the textbook. HOD starts using the student text for level 3A and above.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

msgartin

Re: Singapore math

Post by msgartin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:13 am

That is good to know. I am starting my son on little hearts, but he is testing in 2a level for singapore math. So I will choose to use the workbooks. Unless.... Is there some type of math supplement from hod, since I haven't ordered beyond little hearts for this year?