Spanish question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kidsforHim

Spanish question

Post by kidsforHim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:43 pm

hi, my boys used Getting Started with Spanish this past year. We were able to use it without purchasing the hod guide. However, we want to continue with the next resource that HOD uses in the World History guide to continue Spanish. I know this resource can be used without the HOD guide, but what would you recommend? Get the guide just for the foreign language plans OR use it on its own as is without the HOD guide? Would it be helpful to have the guide?
thanks!
Becky

StephanieU

Re: Spanish question

Post by StephanieU » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Since it is just one resource, I think you would be okay without a guide. You would have to figure out the pacing, but that isn't too difficult.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

kidsforHim

Post by kidsforHim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

That was one of my concerns..... figuring out the pacing :?

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 am

Using Getting Started with Spanish without the guide is not a big deal, but using the Spanish 1 Homeschool Kit without the guide will be tougher. I'd get the guide for all of the work Carrie did to pace it out over 2 years. You can always let HOD know when you order the rest of your economy package for WH that you already ordered the WH TG, and the $65-$70 package savings will still be applied.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie