Finishing Foerster's Next Year

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
daybreaking

Finishing Foerster's Next Year

Post by daybreaking » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 pm

For those who have been through both Foerster's Algebra 1 and Chakerian Geometry ...

Is it possible for us to finish the last three chapters in Foerster's and also complete all of Chakerian Geometry in one school year?

TIA! :D

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

daybreaking

Re: Finishing Foerster's Next Year

Post by daybreaking » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:48 am

Just bumping. :)

ds21 & dd16

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 am

It would depend on how quickly your student moved through the final three chapters in Foerster's Algebra I. You would also need to plan to do math 5 days a week in order to get both done. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks, Carrie,

I had forgotten that you scheduled the geometry for just four days a week. We've always done math 5 days a week, as my son has benefited form the extra time, so this might just work! Although we could use the summer to finish Foerster's, I think my son would do better with a break from math and a fresh start in the fall. I just didn't want to get him behind.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond! :)

ds21 & dd16